cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance cProject 4.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have many problem about performance cProject and I don't know if it could be a systemistic problem or something else...

I use cProject 4.5 and the performance are worse than cProject 3.1!!!

For example :

I logon to the system No access. I have to push enter again and then to logon to the system the time is

about 30 seconds..

When finally I see the initial view and I enter in a project when I come back to initial

view the system takes about 30 seconds.

I use the dashboard, the projects are about 250...

Could you help me ?

I use cP 4.5 patch level 8.

Cheers

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vanessa,

System performance can be incresed by maintaining profile parameters. You can take help from your basis team for the same.

Limiting your projects on dashboard, I do not know the no, but there is a SAP note, which talks about limiting you projects on the dashboard.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Nov 3, 2009 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't understand what you mean: " System performance can be incresed by maintaining profile parameters.."

Thanks

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vanessa,

Increase system performance by maintaining profile parameters I meant that if you are facing problem of logging out or not getting conected with cProjects system due to longer time of processing, This you can avoid by increasing the time for profile parameters.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

thank you for your support.

Sorry but I don't know how I can increase the time for profile parameters... Could you tell me step by step how it is possible to do this?

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vanessa,

For maintaining values for profile parameters go to tcode RZ11, from F4 list select the profile parameter as required. ( e.g. for connection time out error select icm/conn_timeout)

Go in to that profile parameter and change value for ProfileVal field.

You will require help from your Basis person for identifying the right profile and maintaining its value.

Regards,

Niraj

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Nov 17, 2009 2:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem seems related to custom develop , in badi: CHANGEVIEW , I have to update the last change date ( custom field in dashboard) for each project , checking the released phase or other parameters.. so every time the system has to read DB and Update this..

Howhever I have no auth to see the value in RZ11, but I can check in SVI e QAS system.

The value are:

SVI/QAS -> ProfileVal 5000, current Value 5000. According to you, are they good values?

Thanks a lot

Vanessa.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vanessa,

Yes, these values seems to be good.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

According to you which could be the problems about the performance ?

My system is too slowly when I access to a project and then when I came back in start page ( about 30 secs...) without modify........

cheers

p.s I activate the dashboard....

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

I have faced problem only for Time out while accessing cProjects and for that profile paramenter for which I changed the values is : icm/conn_timeout

I think your Basis person can help you identify the right parameter,.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ok

but you have told me that the paramter was ok, according to you I should change it?

Which value I have to put?

Vanessa

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

As I mentioend in my previous thread that I was facing the problem of Time out while accessing the cProjets, which we overcome by maintaining the value as 5000 for profile parameter icm/conn_timeout.

Same way you have to identify the parameter with help of your basis person for the slow performance of your system and maintain its value as suggested. As I have not faced any issue of slow performance of the system, so will not be able to help you identify the paramaeter. But your Basis person will definitely help you identify and correct the profile parameter value.

Regards,

Niraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanessa

we have been on cpr 4.5 sp 7 however we dont see any issue as such as u hv mentioned for logon and so...

check the server sizing.

Check Performance / sizing guide Note: 1092846

Niranjan