cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing the same ALV,Select Option component on different views

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I have one view that uses a select option and alv component.

I have another view that will need to use a select option and alv component.

Is it better to try to reuse the components I already have or create new components for the specific view?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the same ALV and Select Options component in two different views . I didn't find any problem.

Ranganathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern was going back and forth between these views. Lets say the user configured an initial view in the first ALV, won't that saved view get input on the 2nd view when you load that component?

Also, what if you load up some data into the ALV, then want to do navigate around the application, but at some point come back to that ALV(provided you don't invalidate it), to see the data they queried before. You would have to save your data for each ALV everytime you left the page, then reload it when you come back.

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may think of using an attribute in the assistance class, if you have used any. When you navigate away save your data to the attribute and retrieve it in the Init method when you come back.

Regards

Prasenjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your concern is right.

You may face the problem if you reuse the same component usage. As said there will be conflicts in the view stored by the users. Sometimes it may happen that users do not see any columns.

Refer

Thanks,

Feroz