cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Table Column Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to wrap the text in Web dynpro table column header. I need to make text in two line.

I am working in EP 6.0 SP22 level.

Regards

Narayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

I have already tried almost all means to furnish your requirement but I couldn't.

I am afraid, because you are using EP 6.0, you dont have the option for Header Text Wrapping as in EP 7.1 and higher versions.

Moreover, even if you use a string type context attribute to bind with the column header and you set the value to the context attribute in turn with a new line argument (I mean \n), it will not work as the Column header is a caption and not textview which has the wrapping property.

Now even with turning the Table Property - Fixed Table Layout as true and fixing the desired coumn to a given size, wrapping will definitely work but wont help still as the header value which doesnt fit into the column size is invisible. I mean if the Column header is 'Unit Cost Per Product' and Column size is limited to 75px then what will be visible to us is "Unit Cost.......".

Therfore, i rather would ask you not to go for it as it doesnt serve the pupose.

Overall, I have to say, it is a limitation to the Versions under 7.1 instead.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha,

Infosys Technologies,

Hyderabad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narayana,

If you are using NWDS 7.1 Version, for a Table Column there is a property called as HeaderTextWrapping. Set this Property to true. Also make the FixedTableLayout property of the Table as true. If you want strictly to be header to be 2 lines you can either fix the width of the column to desired length (mention it either in pixels or percentage) so that the text in the Column header automatically adjusts itself.

If any problem you can revert back to me.

Regards,

Ardhendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

You can do that by setting it trrough a context.

1. Create a context of type String

2. Map the context to the "Text" property of the column header.

3. Set this context to something like below.

wdContext.currentContextElement().setTbColumnHeader("Line 1" + "\n" + "Line 2");

This works for getting the text to the next line in a Text View. I hope it works for you too

Regards,

Sruti

Edited by: sruti gupta on Nov 3, 2009 7:05 AM