cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL - Open task in new window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure our UWL to open its items in a seperate window.

Please can anyone tell me if this is possible and how I would go about doing this??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kai,

you have to set the property launchInNewWindow="yes" for the relevant action in the UWL-definition at the "Universal Workflow Administration"

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

kr, achim,

Thanks for your reply, so quick. I have been able to find the launchInNewWindow="yes", but how can i override the configuration that it currently creates when creating the system.

I have changed the xml and tried an upload, but creates a new name and sets priority to (medium) does this mean it will use this instead??

Kai

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kai,

check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/05/fe8ef669674991a4205666694b9c85/frameset.htm

if you have renamed the xml-filename, it creates a new configuration. priority MEDIUM is ok, the priority determines, which configuration overwrites another for the same system.

ergo: it should work, try it.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

kr, achim,

Thanks for your help, so far. I beleive I have it configured properly as the medium configuration contains that all task to open in new window.

I am not sure if this is causing it to not work, but the UWL is linked using "ITS" service. When the task is clicked it just opens in the same window meaning the user ends up with a small window to view the task for SAP in.

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you people tell me which action to be changed in that xml file. It would be great help if you tell exactly what is the name of the action, which has to changed to true to open the tasks in new windows when we click on it.

Thanks.