cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering / Flagging Goods receipt inspection automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts:

We are using the following settings in the materials master to drive inspection lot creation: 1. Inspection type 01 when incoming inspection is required and 2. Inspection type 08 for raw materials transferred to production so we can trigger the creation of a inspection lot automatically upon Movement type 311

My client wants the following scenario to be considered:

There is a part number for which incoming inspection control it is not longer relevant.

Suddenly an increasing number of defects is found in production for that part number.

The requirement is that if such scenario ever happens the part number will automatically be put under inspection control 01; in other words the materials master setting that indicates that a part number is relevant for incoming inspection will be flagged automatically.

Is there a way to do that with current features and without using control charts? Do I need to implement an user exit or program?

How would you approach this requirements?

Thanks MZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is that if such scenario ever happens the part number will automatically be put under inspection control 01; in other words the materials master setting that indicates that a part number is relevant for incoming inspection will be flagged automatically.

Is there a way to do that with current features and without using control charts? Do I need to implement an user exit or program?

How would you approach this requirements?

As per my knowledge this is not possible to achieve by std program or any user exit.

This can be acheived by DMR

1.Create a Notifiation say Q2 whenever you found rejection & change the Quality level from the Notification only.

or

2.Go To QDL2 directly & change the Quality Level Manually .Say you are in stage 2 (skip) ,Now you found rejection then change the Quality level to say 1 (Inspection),so that material will be under inspection.

I hope this will add some value.

Regards

sujit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MZ,

This business scenario can be very easily achieved by using Dynamic Modification Rule and Quality levels...... You can control inspections based on defects/ Rejections.....

Thank you

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna:

Got your point about the use of Dynamic Modification Rule and Quality levels

I am not so sure about what you mean when you said...... You can control inspections based on defects/ Rejections.....

Is it possible for you to elaborate a little bit?

Regards

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not sure when system should create lot for this material & when not then go with manual inspection lot creation with insp type "89".

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!