Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form, webservice and landscape issue

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a form that calls a bapi via a webservice in my development system.

I created a dataconnection by downloading the wsdl file to my pc.

I need to transport my form to out test system. The test system is on a different server.

How can I update the call to the webservice i.e.

when in dev I want to call the dev service

when in my test system I want to call the test service etc.

Is there a way of dynamically setting the soap address of the webservice ?

Currently I have to update the data connections properties to point it to my test system and then transport it, this is a pain.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone help with this.

What is the standard procedure or approach.

Currently I have 3 wsdl files,

DEV.wsdl :Development system

TEST.wsdl :Test System

Production.wsdl :Live production system.

Each of the above, are on different servers.

i have one data connection setup in the adobe form.

When I am dev I want to use the dev.wsdl

When I am in Test I want to use the test.wsdl etc.

Has anyone moved an adobe form from their test system to the production system. If so, can you explain how you did it please.

Many thanks

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

Exactly even I'm looking for similar solution. Have u found the solution?

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Ravi

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I have no solution at the moment.

What we had to do was to open the test system and the live system and upate the wsdl file location. Not ideal and I would not call it a solution.

I can't believe that sap would bring out something like this and overlook the fact that the wsdl file location would change when being moved through the landscape. We opened a call but got no where, they just blamed Adobe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply.

When I started development I have this doubt but thought by the time I finish this, I will be able to find solution.

Next week I have to transport to Test server... now looking at this solution open Test and Prod server, I'm scared to convince here..

But how ever, I feel, if there is any way that we can concatenate wsdl files and based on our condition we can retreive that particular server details. It's just a thought I have , not sure whether its possible or not.

will post if smething works out for me.

Regards,

Ravi

darren_bambrick2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

You could also transport your webservice to the test system, save the wsdl file, and update your dataconnection in the dev system to point to the test system wsdl, then transport. It will take a number of transports to get all your systems pointing to the correct wsdl. Its not ideal but it works.