cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Monitoring - WE02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am in the process of configuring System Monitoring in our Solution Manager system. I have to monitor Idocs coming in our ERP 6.0 system for failed messages - status 51 and status 03. Can you please provide me some info on which objects to use for monitoring this from solution manager? I am not using Interface monitoring since the Business Processes arent defined in our Solution Manager system and we dont have the luxury to do this at this stage.

Regards,

Mohammad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If not, you have to configure the monitoring object in transaction BDMO and Monitor it.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent advice from Volker and I have configured it via the BP Mon.

0 Kudos

Hello Mohammad,

even though you don't have the time to model business processes I would still recommend to use Interface Monitoring as part of BPMon as there the IDoc monitoring is more powerfull and flexible than a configuration via BDMO. You can create simple dummy processes which contain just one or two steps represneting the sending and recieiving of IDocs. You then use the IDoc monitor as part of the Application Monitor. A detailed description is given in "Setup Guide for Interface Monitoring" under https://service.sap.com/bpm > Media Library > Technical Information

You could then later on enhance your process models and make meaningful process models out of your dummy processes.

But only with BPMon you can specifically monitor for status 51 or 03. A configuration via BDMO monitors only in "containers" comprising several error status. Also the data collection frequency in BDMO cannot be really influenced.

So if you start from scratch rather go for BPMon and not with BDMO where you even have to transport the configured objects which is not necessary with BPMon.

Most customers that started at some point in time with BDMO changed to BPMon during the last couple months.

Also check the following Blog /people/johannes.fleig/blog/2008/05/25/new-business-process-monitoring-functionalities-in-sap-solution-manager-150-ale-idoc-monitoring

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the BP Mon is generating alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Waseem,

Many thanks for the reply, I am able to configure them now.

Regards,Mohammad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If not, you have to configure the monitoring object in transaction BDMO and Monitor it.

Also, some reports for Idoc's reprocessing.

RBDMANI2: for actual status '51'

RBDAGAI2: for actual status '65', '63', '56' and '61'

RBDAGAIE: for actual status '32' and '69' (edited IDocs)

RBDSYNEI: for actual status '60' (syntaxerror)

RBDSYNEO: for actual status '26' (syntaxerror)

RBDAGAIN: for actual status '02', '29', '37'

Thnx,

Waseem