cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - NWA & CEN - How they fit in ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been working with XI and have come across the central monitoring system CEN and the netweaver administrator (NWA) tools.

Does anyone know how they fit into Solution Manager. Especially why you have solution Manager Diagnostics and NWA....are they not the same thing?

Currently it looks like we'll have an XI landscape being monitored by CEN & NWA and then the same landscape also being monitored by solution manager. This seems like a double up of work to me.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Solution Manager Diagnostics is mainly for SAP support use. This tool has "read only" functions (like viewing logs), but you won't be able to administrate your landscape with it.

NWA is mainly for administration, so you are right, you need both tools...

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thank for that...

Would i be right in saying then that CEN is part of solution manager 4.0 i.e comes with webas 640/700 anyway ??

So for a "perfect/easy" support environment you would have sol man 4.0 managing all your abap components from both a read/write point of view and then sol man managing j2ee area on a read only basis while NWA administering your j2ee's on a read/write basis.

And ideally have all these components looking at the same SLD.

Hope above make sense

Cheers

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

You you're right. Solution Manager 4.0 provides all the functions needed to administer / monitor ABAP & J2EE components, you can have the CEN, NWA, SLD & Diagnostics on the same box. This is the easiest way to manage your landscape as you have a central system which connects to all your satelite systems.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal...very helpful

Answers (0)