cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the username of a bp record within the 'employee' role

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Service Desk and I have configured all IT support techncians as business partners with a role as 'employee'.

I wish to change the username of the business partner record on the 'identification' tab, but it looks like the field is non-editable.

How can I change the username or do I need to create another BP record?

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Simon,

It should not be non-editable. You can change the user name and assign any other user existing in your system to the BP. Please try again by taking the BP to change mode. Let me know exactly what are all the steps you followed and what issue you are facing?

Regards,

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input.

These are the steps I am following:

1) Run Transaction BP

2) Search for relevant business partner record by name and select the required BP

3) Change the BP role to Employee (Maintained)

4) Click on the Identification Tab

5) Make sure that I am in 'Change Mode'

6) Under the Employee Data section the User Name is non-editable

I am trying to change the User Name section, but I cannot.

Please advise

Thanks

Simon

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Please check your authorization. Add SAP_ALL profile to your user name and try to do the same.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

I have SAP_ALL rights - but still the same issue. Is there anything more I can try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the EMPLOYEE BP Category is being protected by any Modification Indicator?

Does only for this BP, you were you not able to change or for all the EMPLOYEE BPs?

Thnx,

Waseem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All Employees apart from one

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In txn BP>Extras>Settings, tab Authorization overview--Authorizaion:Roles; here can you see for the role Employee, the check box for Change is marked?

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the role for employee and the check box for change is marked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried deleting the BP and re creating the same if its not been used in the Txn ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally I do not want to delete the business partner records and create new ones as these records have been used in previous SLFN support tickets

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to change the User name of the BP, you change it from BP -> First Name & Last Name.

But you cannot change the BP ID. Its unique no.

Identification No is designed with as <SID> <Installation No> <Client No><BP ID>. Are you about to change the BP ID here?

Thnx,

Waseem.