cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp.FTPEx: 550 Requested action not taken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are able to ping the particular FTP server directory and folder from the XI server.

But the communication channel is giving the following error.

"An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'max-ftp-edi1:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Requested action not taken'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor"

We have given the target directory as '/toeditorg'. I assume this format is correct. Cannot think of any other reason for error.

Kindly help to identify whats the error.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You need to enable the incoming data in FTP server to be "put".

Ask your FTP team to allow the write, delete, rename, chmod etc in ftpaccess. If this is also not helping, then increase the logging of all commands in /etc/ftpaccess (request your FTP team for that).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey John,

Can you recheck if the IP of PI server has been given access at the FTP side.

Please recheck once again if the name of the target directory mentioned is correct.

Thanks

Dhwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are able to ping the directory but we are not able to put files into the FTP directory through a communication channel.

Getting the same error.

Is lack of permissions the only cause of error? Do I need to check anything else?

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Getting the same error.

>

> Is lack of permissions the only cause of error? Do I need to check anything else?

Ask your FTP server vendor to provide access for your destination folder. Once you will get the permission it should start working.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

We are able to ping the directory but we are not able to put files into the FTP directory through a communication channel.

Getting the same error.

Is lack of permissions the only cause of error? Do I need to check anything else?

It seems to be access error, kindly check the permissions given. Please check if the XI Server IP has been given permission to access the FTP folder.

Thanks

Dhwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simple suggestion, but are the permissions correct for your FTP user? Can you manually log on with same PI account, go to that directory and work with files?