cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

co product cost estimate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to create the cost estimate(ck11n) of a co product seperately..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joseph,

No. During cost estimate for Main Co-Product, system should cost the other Co-products also to arrive at the Cost for all the products.

The co-product would have in its BOM- the other Products also, so during cost estimate it would do the costing for the remaining products also.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasobh,

I hav a semifinished product which hav 5 components of whcih one is this co product..Can i do an other cost estimate for this co pro...

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi prasobh,

>

> I hav a semifinished product which hav 5 components of whcih one is this co product..Can i do an other cost estimate for this co pro...

Joseph,

Is it a Bi-Product or Co-product?

Does the semi-finished and Co-Product materials activated with Co-Product Indicator? Do they have also Joint Production section updated in with Equivalance numbers?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peasobh,

Both the semi finished and the co prod hav co prodct indicator and they hav joint prodction section updated wt equalance no:

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi peasobh,

>

> Both the semi finished and the co prod hav co prodct indicator and they hav joint prodction section updated wt equalance no:

Joseph,

No. when you are running cost estimate for Main Product, system would also calculate and perform the cost estimate for the co-product also.

If you want to use a fixed cost for the co-product then you can directly enter the standard price and also activate the Fixed price Indicator in the costing 1 view. Now when you run the cost estimate for main proudct the cost of the co-product is picked up based on the standard price maintained and not based on the co-product costing based on equivalance number and the quantity structure.

Hope this clarifies,

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasobh,

I am getting every thing fine for the particular semifinished product....I would like to know whether i can create a material cost estimate for co product or wats the reason y i cant make a cost estimate for a co product...when iam trying to make one pop up window appears telling that thrs no valid production version for this material

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joseph,

Does this CO-product has a BOM & Production version on its own? I dont think so, thats the reason you are getting this message. Whereas when you are doing cost estimate for the Semifinished material, system would do the costing of the co-product also.

I dont understand why you want to do the cost estimate for the Co-product, when this happens automatically when you do for semifinished material.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasobh,

Its my client who is asking these things...but i dont have a clear cut ans.....

Any how thanks Prasobh for giving your valuable advice......its being a grt help to me.....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jeff_lu2
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Co-Product can be costed in two ways

1. Fixed cost co-product

2. costing using apportionment structure

You can also run MRP at co-product level also,provided that

1. In main co-product you must define apportionment structure/source structure

2. Main co-product BOM must contains that material with negative qty and co-product indicator