cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL stopped automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I experienced a weird issue on saposcol. It stops suddenly without anyone stopped it. When I tried to re-run, the such error like cannot access dev_coll.tmp appear, I believe restarting the server will solve my problem (saposcol resource will be released).

Preventing this to happen in the future, the question is, what is the cause of saposcol stops suddenly ? I've tried to search on forum but finding a dead end solution.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check that saposcol has authorization 4775 and belongs to root.... also in the case that that happen again you can just rename dev_coll.tmp and start saposcol again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

I confuse on owner issue on root vs sidadm, several links saying it must belong to root, the other is sidadm.

FYI, our saposcol permission is already 4775 . The owner of saposcol in our another system is sidadm but it runs fine. We haven't change it since first installation and already running script like root.sh that prompted during installation to set standard files owner.

Unless what you mean is changing the ownership to root will preventing saposcoll to stopped unexpectedily ? Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can guarantee that this will solve the issue but I'm my knowledge saposcol must run as root. Also have you read dev_coll to see what caused the issue?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I can guarantee that this will solve the issue but I'm my knowledge saposcol must run as root. Also have you read dev_coll to see what caused the issue?

>

> Regards

> Juan

You meant can't guarantee right. OK.

That's the thing, the dev_coll only stated something like this:

Stop signalled send.... In fact we do not kill / run saposcol -k command...(at least I didn't - it's hard to check this though)

No specific further error ...just the above log...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this has happened only once... I'll let it go... if its a recurrent issue you'll need to try different options and track that another "user" is not messing around.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Juan,

I close this message by now. Will opening should the problem still persist. I'm planning to upgrade saposcol to the latest patch