cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views and rules in CCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

I'm facing a new challenge. We have one single purchasing catalog (/CCM/MASTER_CATALOG). Based on that one we defined 3 different views, each one reducing the visibility of purchasing catalog items in a different manner (using 1 rule per view).

Now, we'd like to automate some things. When new content items are added to the purchasing catalog, whether via uploads and mappings to it or manually entered ones, we'd like those rules to automagically run so that the 3 different views automagically reflect the new content correctly.

As far as I understood the standard principles until now, each time catalog content changes the rules of all views need to be triggered manually. Is this correct? If not, how can one automate this?!?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Kind regards,

Renaud

P.S.

We're on CCM 2.0 SP03 with SRM Server 5.0 SP08

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Renaud,

this was also possible in CCM 1.0 but with BAdI /CCM/CTLG_ENRICHMENT.

In CCM 2.0 you have rule based view management. When edit catalog look at Views tab -> Manage rules.

Here you can add different conditions by which items will be added to view.

Good reference is <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ccm20/helpdata/en/6e/89c4e2038c49969ab5ede5f6e24bd5/content.htm">CCM help on Rule-Based View Definition</a>

HTH

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan

Just read the reference you gave me. Near the end it's telling that the system automatically executes all active rules when uploading a file to the catalog or when publishing the catalog.

This was something I wasn't aware of and should solve it without having to do anything.

For those interested in:

I found a report /CCM/START_RULE_EXECUTION. It is also scheduled as a job each time the rules are executed.

Kind regards,

Renaud Desarzens