cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producing a Smartform under a different User ID

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

If User A executes a program to produce a smartform, we have a requirement to produce the output in the spooler of User B, rather than that of User A.

I thought this would be easy to do....but hey, nothing is easy to do in SAP these days !

I've been running in debug and modifying some of the values that look relevant but for some reason the output always comes out under User A.

Any ideas please ?

thanks,

Malcolm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

I can't think of a way to influence the user id that is generating the smartform, but you could take one step back and change the user that is calling the print program.

If User A calls a program that simply calls a SUBMIT to the existing print program you can change the user to User B in that statement (provided the user has authorisation).

Regards,

Nick

former_member186444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

thanks for the reply. I guess you mean in the 'TO SAP-SPOOL' addition ?

I was a little simplistic in my description though. The smartform is actually called in a method that's triggered from a CRM action.

I was wondering if I could do something after the spool is created to move it from one user to another but haven't found a way to do that either !

Malcolm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

I was thinking of the USER ... VIA JOB... option, essentially creating the form in a background task. You would need to take all of the form creation logic out of the method and put it into an executable program, then call this from the method.

Regards,

Nick