cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error: Character reference "&# 00" is an invalid XML character

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam performing the RFC(R/3) -> PI(7.1) -> SOAP (third party software) ; Synchronous scenario.

The messages are reaching the PI server , but the a mapping errors is occurring due to dummy characters ""& #00" been sent to the XI system.

Is this due to the R/3 sending the invalid characters or these been generated in PI system. Would you suggest any notes,patches to resolve the issue?

"MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:

Character reference "& # 00" is an invalid XML character

Many thanks!

guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gururaj,

You can achieve this using JAVA mapping in PI.

JAVA mapping will parse your structure befor actual mapping and so befor actual mapping this charactres won't be there.

Befor your actual mapping, in interface determination, mention this JAVA mapping, So that,

you XML structure will be parsed and you can do the required operation with this characters strings "&# 00"( like delete, replace with another characters, etc.)

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem was inconsistency in RFC been maintained in ERP to XI as non-unicode, but the RFC sender been configured as unicode. Hence changed the RFC from ERP as unicode.

Thanks for your time..

regards

Guru.

0 Kudos

gururaj thank you so much, this solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Take the payload from the MONI and test your mapping . First check whether your ma[pping is working fine .

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I downloaded the request message payload and tested it in Message mapping, I get "Character reference "& #00" is an invalid XML character." message.

@Sarvesh: Is there already any adapter module/possibility which can be used without using the Java code?

Please note that we didnot expect this data from the R/3.

Many thanks!

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you said , you did not expect this data from R/3 . Contact the ABAP team to check the RFC function module in SE37 . Ask them to test with the same data . Because they may prepared the data for test cases and it may be wrong . So ask them to test the RFC .

If ur good in ABAP , go to se37 execute the RFC .

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unsure,you can also check whether unicode is enabled in XI system

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go through this link last page and last para, which says..

"The only solution is to use a Java mapping before the actual mapping to perform the escaping."

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79...

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have the option of using adapter modules as the msg is coming from ECC.

You have to go with 9420 weblog [Handling the Special Characters in XI]

Regards,

Siva Maranani