cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new File System Repository problme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I created the new file system repository . It's does not worked. When I go to the see system configuration-> Monitoring , component Monitor -> our new File System Repository is "Startup Error: getting mapped math - Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password "

How can i solve?

I already set the network Path, crete new File System Repository and set the window lanscapre already.

Thanks and best regards,

Vimol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimol,

as the error says you have to enter an exsiting user and its password in the Network Path.

So: for the shared drive/ folder you like to have in the KM create a user and enter those credentials in the Network Patch configuration. Don't forget to enter the user like <domain>\<username> !!

Hth,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I set the network path in KM - I using the admin user of File server. I think that it' s correct. How can we check that Portal connect to File server or not? I just wonder which step I fail.

Please advise

Thanks and best regards,

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimol,

is the user credentials are correct then maybe the connection from the portal server to the file share server is already in use with different or false credentials.

Go to the portal server and open a command prompt.

Type "net use" and have a look at the network shares in use... If there is one pointing to the file share you want to use delete that share by typing "net use /DELETE
<server>\<share>

Restart the portal and hopefully you get a connection.

Hth,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

It still can't connect to File System.

Same error. Could you please help how can I do the next step .

Thanks and best regards,

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vimol,

seems to get ricky now

As you have entered the Network Path and the Repository Manager configuration everything should work fine...

Do you want to use the Users Windows credentials for controlling access to the file share? Or do you just have the one Administrator user and everyone can access everything?

If everyone accesses everything, delete the Windows System from the Repsitory Manager configuration as you don't need it!

btw: what version of portal an KM are you on??

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Our Portal is EP6 SP14 . I 'm not sure that i set correctly. Could you please inform me for your email address. And I will capture and send you.

Thanks and best regards,

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimol,

please delete the Windows Landscape System "FileServer" from within the Repository Manager for testing purposes.

Also always enter the network path in the form
<server\<folder> instead of //<server>/<folder>.

And please deactive the jCIFS in the Network Path as it is not needed here (only slows down performance

Hth,

Michael

Message was edited by: Michael Wiedemann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

It stilld not working. May I ask one question. If it can connect. It means that there will show in KM Content,right?

Thanks and best regards,

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimol,

Exactly..

If KM is able to connect , shared folders will get listed out in Content Administration - > KM Content.

Do check Component Monitor regularly for the exact error.

Regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

I don't know how to test as your mentioned. How will I check it.

Thanks and best regards,

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimol,

If you are not familiar with Oracle, I would just ask your DBA/System Admin.

Do you have access to the default.trc file for more information on your error? How about Portal Activity Reporting?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

Normally I'm not Portal Admin, i have the Oracle user , but don't understand how cna i check.

Thanks

Vimol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have follow up to manual, however, we still have the problem for the connection.

Thanks and best regard,s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimol,

Are you able to login to the database (i.e. ORA_DBA Group) and is the database instance in a distributed system on another host than the central or SCS instance ?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos