Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Unable to access external jars in DC during run time!!

Hi,

I tried to access KM APIs in DC. However, I fould the way DC imports external libraries is

quite different from web dynpro project. In web dynpro project, I just need to follow the

tutorial "Using Knowledge Management Functions in Web Dynpro" to add the class path and the

corresponding variables. Then I can access KM APIs smoothly.

But in DC, I do the same thing but unfortunately, I get the compilation error "package not found".

I searched the sdn and got some userful help. I have created an external library DC ,

J2EE server component DC and deploy to a server where my EP and J2EE engine resides.

I am able to see my deployed library which includes 6 jar files

in visual administrator. "libfile" is the name shown on my visual administrator.

I have added "libfile" to the web dynpro library references. But now I face a problem

that I can not reference to KM API in my DC during run time. For example,

WPUMFactory.getUserFactory() returns null which should not be this way

because I am able to get non-null value in my web dynpro project. It returns NullPointerException in this line:<b>IUser ep5User = WPUMFactory.getUserFactory().getEP5User(sapUser);</b> Can someone share your experence with me about solving this problem?

thanks alot,

Zita

Former Member
Former Member replied

Zita,

Because you do not need extrenl library here. You packaged existing SAP library as external and attempt to load it second time (first time it is loaded by SAP WebAS itself).

What you need is just 2 references to existing SAP libraries: one to some portal library and second to com.sap.security.api.sda

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question