cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access KM APIs in DC during run time!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to access KM APIs in DC. However, I fould the way DC imports external libraries is

quite different from web dynpro project. In web dynpro project, I just need to follow the

tutorial "Using Knowledge Management Functions in Web Dynpro" to add the class path and the

corresponding variables. Then I can access KM APIs smoothly.

But in DC, I do the same thing but unfortunately, I get the compilation error "package not found".

I searched the sdn and got some userful help. I have created an external library DC ,

J2EE server component DC and deploy to a server where my EP and J2EE engine resides.

I am able to see my deployed library which includes 6 jar files

in visual administrator. "libfile" is the name shown on my visual administrator.

I have added "libfile" to the web dynpro library references. But now I face a problem

that I can not reference to KM API in my DC during run time. For example,

WPUMFactory.getUserFactory() returns null which should not be this way

because I am able to get non-null value in my web dynpro project. It returns NullPointerException in this line:<b>IUser ep5User = WPUMFactory.getUserFactory().getEP5User(sapUser);</b> Can anyone share your experence with me about solving this problem?

thanks alot,

Zita

Greately appreciated.

Zita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps a bit too late , but just in case anybody else has the same problem, I think it could be the same problem I had and solved some days ago.

Check if you have added to your project under Web Dynpro References -> Sharing References the next line:

<b>PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application</b>

Otherwise you'll get those kind of null pointer errors.

Hope it helps someone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I give this sharing reference if I am not using Web Dynpro?

Former Member