Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to learn webdynpro for java/ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Experts,

i am new to webdynpro technology.

and i am having the knowlgedge on Portal contenet development&administration,and having the strong knowledge on Visual composer7.0,7.1 and also trined in ABAP(currently i am not useing it).

now i wants to learn webdynpro for java/abap.

is it right choice i am taking ? i.e moving to Webdynrpo for java/abap.

what are the minimun skills i need to be a good webdynpro developer for java/ABAP. ?

is it requires straong java knowledge since i am not familiar with that too much ?

please give your valuable inputs

Thanks&Regards,

Govindu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP uses Webdynpro to build portal content, which later will be configuted as an Iview in the enterprise portal. Webdynpro comes with Java and ABAP flavors. Both have in general the same functionality,the decision for one of the two flavors shall be based on organizational and business circumstances, but not on functionality.

If you are good in ABAP go with ABAP Webdynpro, if you are good in JAVA, go with JAVA Webdynpro. But you will get good opportunities in JAVA Webdynpro compare to ABAP Webdynpro.

Thanks,

Chenna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also a bit new into this whole WDP thing. I've completed the JA310 and browsed into some content in SDN.

I assume this would be a nice entry point, it worked pretty well for me. After that you can go by yourself 90% of time.. With some threads here and there in SDN you will survive! 😃

Hope it helps,

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont need to be expert in java. Baisc java knowledge in enough to start wuth webdynpro.

You can always seek help from SDN at any point and its not so tough to learn also. You can start with some basic material and sample applications that are available in SDN.