cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Of Measue issue in Alternative Unit Of Measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have one issue regarding material volume which is having Base Unit Of Measure as 'L' - Litre.

Example: one material AAA is having BUoM as 'L' but this material volume is .002 M3. This value we can maintain in Basic Data but we are unable to maintain the same conversion in Alternative Unit Of Measue as 2 M3 - 1000 L.

When we are entering this value, by default - system is picking 1 M3 - 1000 L which is coming from T006 table - SI Unit of Conversion .

So how can i resolve this issue and what should i do to maintain 2 M3 - 1000 L.

Regards,

Durga Sana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Sana

Just check the UoM details in CUNI.check wheather the conversation is correctly maintained in CUNI as per your base unit of measure. conversation data.Also check wheather any litres have been maintained correctly or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for your reply.

The same thing has been checked in CUNI there the standard conversion is maintained as follows..

1 KL = 1 M3 , 1 L = 0.001 M3 and 1 M3 = 1 M3.

Which is we are able to see in T006 SI Unit of conversion table.

If i change this standard conversion to 1 KL = 1 KL and 1 L = 1 L that means we are removing the relation between liter and M3 combination. Is this change may impact in any other transaction?..

Regards,

Durga Sana...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enter the conversion in CUNI for the default. If the material requires additional conversion, enter the Alternate unit of measure in material master (MARM).

If you remove any of the entries in CUNI, it will affect all materials that would have used the conversion.

The conversion would have been captured as part of the transaction data for documents. Please test that removing the conversion does not cause existing documents to throw off an error.

Any transaction that would have the conversion would be affected so I suggest doing an analysis of your data to see when it may have been used and how often.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction CUNI and verify that conversions are set up properly. Be sure to select the correct dimension (mass, volume...)