cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While creating a Mobile UI Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

While I am trying to crete a new Mobile UI component for an application , In the Select Software component dialog I am getting the below shown Error.

Software Component does not support selected Development Component Type. Required DCs are located in an SC that is not visible from the selected SC

Earlier when I created a Mobile UI component the error didn't come but I deleted the Mobile UI component and after that when I created a new Mobile UI component the error started coming.

I have already read the thread.

But couldn't understand.

Please Suggest.

Regards

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

First of all modify the parameters on the NWDS invocacion, just add the option "-clean"

to the query on the shorcut for call the NWDS instance. After that go to the NWDI Perspective, select the first local node called 'Local Development (right click and select update)', after that you should see the nodes NWMCLIENT and XOCA. This DC are needed to build Mobile applications.

Regards,

David Faustini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David ,

The Reply was usefull. But as soon as I tried to build the Mobile UI application . I got the error.

DC Model check:

DC is available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not available sap.com/tc/cmi in variant default.

Build failed with errors.

Please Suggest.

Regards

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

If all the DC's are present, please try to use a new workspace to create component and build.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyadhar

I have already created the application . Now If I change the workspace I need to again create the application.Is there any way through which I can remove build errors without creating new application.

Regards

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

Yes you can use the DC's in old workspace in a new workspace. You need not create application again.

Lets try one more thing before creating new workspace.

Go to your workspace.jdi folder -> Local Development folder. Inside it remove the syncdb file.

Now create a new component and build.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadhar ,

I tried the Suggested steps but the problem still exists. The error is only in building Mobile UI component . If we build the Mobile Service component it doesn't give any error.The Detailed log I have pasted below .

Development Component Build (2009-11-02 19:04:42 GMT+05:30 (IST))

Component name: order_ui

Component vendor: demo.sap.com

SC compartment: MyComponents

Configuration: LocalDevelopment

Source code location: nharit@*****

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\demo.sap.com\order_ui\_comp\

DC type: Mobile Applications for Handhelds

DC subtype: Mobile UI Component

Host: ****

DC Model check:

DC is available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not available sap.com/tc/cmi in variant default.

Build failed with errors.

Please Suggest.

Regards

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you test the -clean option on the NWDS shorcut? Try it please. I know (because I was the same problems two weeks ago) that was a problem with the new plugins (SP08 plugins) because with the SP07 version we don't have this issue.

Regards,

David Faustini

Edited by: David Faustini on Nov 3, 2009 3:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David / Nitesh

My opinion is that eclipse -clean option will clean up the cache used by eclipse, that essentially reloads all the eclipse plugins.

http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t61566.html

I think in this case tc/cmi dc is not getting read even though its present.

Try to create a new workspace, new UI component and build. If it still gives the problem then plugins need to be looked in to.

When we do a build for the first time, all the dependent DC's which are present in the eclipse plugin will get copied in to the local workspace. Removing the syncdb file should ideally refresh the local workspace.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyadhar/David,

<br><br>

Thanks for your reply . I tried the steps suggested by u . Now I am getting a new error . The log I have pasted below.<br><br>

Development Component Build (2009-11-03 12:45:30 GMT+05:30 (IST))<br>

Component name: order_ui <br>

Component vendor: demo.sap.com<br>

SC compartment: MyComponents<br>

Configuration: LocalDevelopment<br>

Source code location: nharit@****<br>

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\demo.sap.com\order_ui\_comp\<br>

DC type: Mobile Applications for Handhelds<br>

DC subtype: Mobile UI Component<br>

Host: *******<br>

DC Model check:<br>

DC is available locally<br>

validating dependency to build plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/oca/cfs"<br>

validating dependency to used DC "demo.sap.com/order_sv"<br>

validating dependency to public part "interface" of DC "demo.sap.com/order_sv"<br>

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/cmi"<br>

validating dependency to public part "generation" of DC "sap.com/tc/mobile/cfs/api"<br>

validating dependency to public part "api" of DC "sap.com/tc/mobile/oca/api"<br>

validating dependency to public part "runtime" of DC "sap.com/tc/mobile/wdlite/facade"<br>

DC model check OK<br>

Start build plugin:<br>

using build plugin: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/oca/cfs<br>

starting build plugin from : C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\CE\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.1.091015093457<br>\comp\XOCA\DCs\sap.com\tc\bi\bp\oca\cfs\_comp\gen\default\public\def\<br>

Build Plugin 'OCA Build plugin CFS', Version 7.10 SP 3 (710_VAL_REL, built on 2007-12-25 01:27:31 +0100, CL285332)<br>

development component: order_ui (demo.sap.com)<br>

software component: MyComponents (demo.sap.com)<br>

type: Mobile Applications for Handhelds, subtype Mobile UI Component<br>

build variant: default<br>

source location: nharit@******<br>

output location: C:\Documents and Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\t2<br>\44750CB853388BD98C14319CE2D2842A\default

generation folder: C:\Documents and <br>Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\t\44750CB853388BD98C14319CE2D2842A<br>

plugin start time: 2009-11-03 12:45:31 GMT+05:30 (IST)<br>

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 14.2-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)<br>

General options:<br>

convert *.xlf to *.properties: yes<br>

include sources for debugging: yes<br>

Warning: Source folder "META-INF" exists but is empty and will be ignored.<br>

Checking path lengths for sources<br>

Path length checks finished in 0.016 seconds<br>

Preparing data context..<br>

No public part descriptor found in C:\Documents and<br> Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\FRAMEWORK\sap.com\tc\cmi\_comp\gen\default\public\default, using legacy <br>mode.

No public part descriptor found for component "tc/mobile/wdlite/facade" (vendor "sap.com"), public part "runtime", using legacy mode.<br>

Dependency validation check<br>

Development Component Dependencies<br>

MCD name: order_sv MCD version: 1.0(order_sv(interface))<br>

Dependencies in mcd.xml:<br>

<br>

Comparing data in MCD and DPI files.<br>

Error: com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.bp.exception.OCABuildPluginException: Validation of MCD file failed. Description of <br>component 'order_sv' version '1.0' not found in MCD file. Please update the MCD file by calling the option 'Update <br>deployment descriptors' in the components context menu.<br>

at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.bp.impl.cfs.provider.MCDDescription.checkComponentDependency<br>(MCDDescription.java:157)<br>

at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.bp.impl.cfs.provider.CFSDataContextProvider.checkMCDDependencies<br>(CFSDataContextProvider.java:156)<br>

at com.sap.tc.mobile.dt.oca.bp.impl.cfs.provider.CFSDataContextProvider.execute<br>(CFSDataContextProvider.java:126)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.prepareTechnologySpecificData<br>(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:186)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.setupBuildFileCreatorContext(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:95)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.execute(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:56)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:196)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:168)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)<br>

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br>

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br>

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br>

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:400)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:149)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:87)<br>

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:59)<br>

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxyMake.make(DCProxyMake.java:260)<br>

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1574)<br>

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:4537)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.commands.dc.BuildJob.build(BuildJob.java:370)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.commands.dc.BuildJob.doInWorkerThread(BuildJob.java:187)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.api.job.JdiJob$1.doInWorkerThread(JdiJob.java:75)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$3$1.run(InternalJdiJob.java:224)<br>

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1797)<br>

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1779)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob$3.run(InternalJdiJob.java:233)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.BusyBackgroundIndicator.showWhile(BusyBackgroundIndicator.java:74)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalJdiJob.internalRun(InternalJdiJob.java:214)<br>

at com.sap.ide.dii05.util.internal.job.InternalDiiJob.run(InternalDiiJob.java:275)<br>

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)<br>

Error: Build stopped due to an error: Validation of MCD file failed. Description of component 'order_sv' version '1.0' not found in <br>MCD file. Please update the MCD file by calling the option 'Update deployment descriptors' in the components context menu.<br>

Error: Build stopped due to an error: Validation of MCD file failed. Description of component 'order_sv' version '1.0' not found in <br>MCD file. Please update the MCD file by calling the option 'Update deployment descriptors' in the components context menu.<br>

Build plugin finished at 2009-11-03 12:45:31 GMT+05:30 (IST)<br>

Total build plugin runtime: 0.469 seconds<br>

Build finished with ERROR<br>

==== Post-Processing ==== started at 2009-11-03 12:45:31.618 IST<br>

Copy the build logs<br>

from: C:\Documents and Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\t2<br>\44750CB853388BD98C14319CE2D2842A\default\logs\<br>

to: C:\Documents and Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\demo.sap.com\order_ui\_comp\gen\default\logs\<br>

Build results in folder C:\Documents and <br>Settings\nharit\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\demo.sap.com\order_ui\_comp\gen\default\ remain unchanged.<br>

<br><br>

Please Suggest.<br>

<br>

It will be great Help.<br>

<br>

Regards<br><br>

Nitesh

<br>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

You almost got it. Right click on the UI component, Deployment descriptors -> click update deployment descriptors.

Now do a build.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vidyadahr/David.

The issue got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhyadhar/David

In SAP MI 7.1 I have Successfully done the following steps:-

1. Created and build the service.

2. Created and build the UI.

3. Created and Build the application.

as per the tutorial available in the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/e5f99c6f472e98e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

After deploying , When I am trying to run the mobile application . I am getting the below shown error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: com/sap/sdb/minDB/DriverEmbeddedMinDB (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.compat.Context.getPersistenceManager(Context.java:41)

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.compat.Context.getPersistenceManager(Context.java:28)

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.init(FrameworkInitializer.java:76)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup.main(Unknown Source)

Error starting the framework

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize framework

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.init(FrameworkInitializer.java:146)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup.main(Unknown Source)

Also in the Netweaver prefrences /Mobile/handhelds/runtime settings/ when I click on launch simulator . It gives the same error.

Please Suggest.

Regards

Nitesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos