cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM PI Adaptor to get connected with MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have got the basic knowledge on how MDM Adapor gets connected to MDM.

I have few basic clarifications.Please clarify them (I tried searching in SDN..but still want to get clarified)

Receiver is MDM:

1. In one MDM Server can multiple repositories exist (where MDM PI Adaptor points to one of the repository and port)?

2. Always XML(message format) is put in the MDIS(Import server) of receiver MDM. PI convers the sender message format into XML and then place the XML file into MDM folder using MDM PI Adaptor. Other than XML can any other format be placed in MDM folder?

3. MDM access parameters can be found through MDM console. Please explain this..I donot have knowledge on MDM.

Steps would be great.

4. Please explain the access parameters one by one and from where we can gt the data.(We want to do a POC).

MDM Server:

MDM REpository: (How to find how many repositories exist in MDM server)

Repository user and password (is each repository has unique logincredentials).

Port code (How is port related to repository)

remote system code?

DBMS Server and DBMS type?

5. When MDM adaptor placed a XML file into MDM inbound folder, how MDIS (Import server) picks the file (automatic or manual)

Is this MDM guys reponsibility to pick the file from MDM inbound ready folder.?

Please explain me in detail, i would like to know each and evry thing before i start POC on MDM adaptor.

Cheers,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,'

1. In one MDM Server can multiple repositories exist (where MDM PI Adaptor points to one of the repository and port)?

We can define any number of repositories in MDM,there are multiple repositires already SAP Provides.

MDM Adaper connects to Port,Suppose if you are sending data to MDM,it conects to MDM Inbound PORT,in MDM Inbound port we need to defeine the message structure,this message structure and PI Inbound message type structure need to be same.

2. Always XML(message format) is put in the MDIS(Import server) of receiver MDM. PI convers the sender message format into XML and then place the XML file into MDM folder using MDM PI Adaptor. Other than XML can any other format be placed in MDM folder?

if you are using MDM-PI Adapter its sends only XML messages only,if you not using MDM PI adapter we can import DATA other fromats too...But MDM PI Adapter places only XML messages.

3. MDM access parameters can be found through MDM console. Please explain this..I donot have knowledge on MDM.

Steps would be great.

MDM Console is the place where we define autorization and acces permissions,my advice to you read help.sap.com MDM 7.1 documentation they explaines celrly about all MDM Componentas

4. Please explain the access parameters one by one and from where we can gt the data.(We want to do a POC).

Suppose if yiou want to import the Data from DATA Base we can direclty conect to Data base we can import data in to MDM,if you looking for standard conente fromSAP browse in serivce market place standard content available.you can use the same.

MDM Server:

MDM REpository: (How to find how many repositories exist in MDM server)

Repository user and password (is each repository has unique logincredentials).

Port code (How is port related to repository)

remote system code?

DBMS Server and DBMS type?

5. When MDM adaptor placed a XML file into MDM inbound folder, how MDIS (Import server) picks the file (automatic or manual)

Is this MDM guys reponsibility to pick the file from MDM inbound ready folder.?

The functionality of Import server is to import data to Repositiry,we can make it automatic.Your all questions basic only read MDM documentation you will get all answers.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Most of the things are clarified.

Regarding the MDM access parameters: How do we get them.

Basis guys needs to help us which port to use and what is the repository, Repository User and Repository password etc or if we have access to MDM system we can get them.

And also where to check the inbound ready folder of MDM to check if the files are being placed.

So you say if I need MDM documentation, I would be able to get these things clarified?

Cheers,

Karthick

Edited by: karthick Lakkaraju on Nov 2, 2009 5:20 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no much basis work involved in SAP MDM,because instalation configuration is very easy,as a developer we can manage the all the roles,But if you want acces paarates while instaling we wil get to the port details and evrything.Suppose if you want to acces DB System we need to create the port intialy in MDM,there is process how to configure port.

If you are creating new repository ,you can create admin roles and developer roles..these are thing done by dev only.

my advice to you read MDM 5.5 documentation,they clearly explained some scenarios,if you read one scenario document you wil understadn roles and development activities.

MDM5.5 link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

Regards,

RAJ

Answers (0)