cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM shows a "Cannot initialize application data" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

When I start the jspm (go.bat) on my Solution Manager I get an error message after the login process. I attached the Trouble Ticket Report of the JSPM below (I made it anonymous). It is not a login issue (when I enter a wrong password, I get a different error message).

What I already tried:

- Updating the jspm (with SDM -->Remote Gui).

- Deleting old files in profile Folder.

- Checking if there is a "...U" folder in the kernel dir (as described in a note concerning this problem).

- Stop/Start of the entire server.

- Searching for hours in google/SDN/service.sap.

I noticed on the start of the server that the sapcpe.exe Service (shown in sapmmc) is on "red" ("Could not bestarted") > I replaced all sapcpe.exe files in all kernel directories> Still red. Perhaps both problems are in context?

Trouble Ticket Report

Java Support Package Manager for SAP NetWeaver'04s

SID................: ***

Hostname...........: ***

Install directory..: H:/usr/sap/***

Database...........: Oracle

Operating System...: $(/J2EE/StandardSystem/CentralInstance/J2EEEngineInstanceHost/OpSysType)

JDK version........: 1.4.2_15 Sun Microsystems Inc.

JSPM version.......: 7.00.17.3.01

System release.....: 700

ABAP stack present.: true

The execution ended in error.

Cannot initialize application data.

Could not detect deployed components.

Could not detect version information of the current system kernel.

Could not detect system kernel under the H:\usr\sap\***\SYS directory.

Could not detect central services instance kernel in directory H:\usr\sap\***\SCS01\exe.

Could not detect current system kernel in the H:\usr\sap\***\SCS01\exe directory.

disp+work executable file cannot be run.

Could not start process H:/usr/sap/***/SCS01/exe/disp+work.

Error while executing process H:/usr/sap/***/SCS01/exe/disp+work.

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: H:/usr/sap/***/SCS01/exe/disp+work -V error=2

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.JspmUiException

Cannot initialize application data.

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

Java Support Package Manager

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please try with this

go to go.bat and the parameter CPYENVVAR(YES) for the SBMJOB is omitted - so it depends on the settings of your server if the script runs with this option set to *YES or *NO. Probably, the JSPM start fails because the script runs with wrong environment. Could it be possible that the default settings in your DEV and PRD server is different from the one in the QAS system? You should complete the GOBATCH script with that parameter in any case.

Regards

Zia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I could solve the problem now.

- For the kernel: I replaced the kernel in the scs-instance manually (with xcopy /u). Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem with the jspm.

- For the jspm: I found in the instance profile of the SCS instance the parameter OS_UNICODE = UC --> I changed that parameter to NUC --> problem solved.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos
noticed on the start of the server that the sapcpe.exe Service (shown in sapmmc) is on "red" ("Could not bestarted") --> I replaced all sapcpe.exe files in all kernel directories--> Still red. Perhaps both problems are in context?

Did you try to upgrade kernel? if yes, try to put old kernel and give a go. Are you using <sid>adm user to start sap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to update the kernel with the jspm. Then I noticed the error on the jspm. It worked several months ago (when we applied SPS 17). No change on the system since that point.

Can I upgrade ther Kernel manualy? I mean extracting the SAPEXE.sar and SAPEXEDB.sar and putting the files in the directories :\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\exe , :\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD65?

What do I have to put in :\usr\sap\<SID>\SCS01\exe?

Thanks and regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

You can still update the kernel manually if you do not want to use JSPM. Just place the new kernel (uncar both files) in the run directory and rest of the instances will get new kernel via sapcpe. In recent releases the directory will look like \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD??

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/4f/37783021fc11d288cd0000e83539c3/content.htm]

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks. I copied the files manually to \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64. As I can see in the sapcpe.log the files now are automatically transfered to the second kernel dir (:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\exe). Unfortunately for my Java SCS Instance (scs01) the sapcpe.exe is still red in sapmmc (I had already replaced the sapcpe.exe in the scs01 exe dir). In the sapcpe.log file of the SCS01 I see the following error:

source:
hostname\sapmnt
SYS\exe\NUC\NTAMD64

target:
hostname\sapmnt
SYS\exe\run

• ERROR: sapcpe: find <dst>
        hostname\sapmnt
        SYS\exe\run failed, 2, No such file or directory, [sapxxcpe.c:1451]

That doesn't make sense... there is no SYS\exe\run ... I only have a SYS\exe\NUC...

Regards

Marco

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Could you please confirm if you have done kernel upgrade as mentioned in SAP Note 19466 - Downloading SAP kernel patches ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Yes, I can confirm that. I performed that steps several times without problems. The kernel upgrade was succesfull (I can see that in System - Status on the system). But for the SCS instance it didn't work... The sapcpe for the SCS doesn't work properly..that means that the kernel synchronisation for the SCS doesn't happen. I will try to copy the files for the SCS system manually (in the SCS kernel dir there are fewer files than in the exe-dirs).

Regards

Marco

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

>The sapcpe for the SCS doesn't work properly..that means that the kernel synchronisation for the SCS doesn't happen.

How you verify that ?

Thanks

Sunny