Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Input Fields in the Adobe Form

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends

How are you!

I need one help to understand... how can insert input fields dynamically in the adobe form; what happends with me is let me explain you

Well I have 7 fields

Domain ID : ________________ [Assign Domain ID]

E-mail : ________________ [ Assign E-mail ID]

DID : ________________

Extension :_________________

Mobile :_________________ [ Assign Telephone ]

Portal :_________________[ Assign Portal ID ]

Access/Bio :_______________[Assign Access]

above are the fields who are part of my form. now I am hidding the fields based on user selection like if i need to select only Domain and Access then rest of the fields will the invisible in the form. but now what happends when i am hiding the fields I have the large spaces between them.. like:

can you please tell me how can i remove those spaces and get the design like this:

please give me any idea , i ll appreciate any help of yours.

Thanking you

Regards

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, have you solved your problem? Maybe you can share your experience and results with us? Thank you, Otto

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Based on two previous answers I tried but problem was the same, spaces was there...

the answer chintan was perfect but i used multiple subforms to solve that.

solution:

I get all the conditional values in form and used them in Java script to hide the boxes.

1). I attached subform to each and every box, and named them as 1 . 2. 3. 4. 5. and made them as flowed.

2) I selected all the subforms and wrap them in the one more subform and made it as flowed. Only problem was in this case the order of subforms get changed and determind by system only i dont know why. except this bug we completed the task.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. At runtime some of my feilds may not have values. In that case I want the other feilds with values to take up that empty space.

I tried steps mentioned by you and adding following javascript in form:ready event. But stil its not working. Would you please suggest me on this.

<javascript used>

data.Subform1.#subform[1].sample.TextField2::ready:form - (JavaScript, client)

if(this.rawValue==null){

sample.presence="hidden";

this.presence="hidden";

}

< My senario >

// in the layout design

textfield1:Name

textfeild2 : landline number

textfield3:cellnumber

if I dont have landline number , cellnumber number need to take up that empty space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested, wrapping all the fields in a subform of type "Flowed" will solve the issue however we need to make sure that the fields are kept "hidden" not "Invisible".

You can also check the bottom margin for your field E-mail. if this field has bottom margin, the next filed will be separated by that margin space. So remove if there is margin given.

Thanks and regards,

Priyanka

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wrap all the fields inside a subform and set it to Flowed. This would ensure that even though you have hidden elements it would not take space.

Chintan