Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No batch input data for screen SAPMSSY0 0120 when running BDC in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue "No batch input data for screen SAPMSSY0 0120" when running a BDC for VA01 in background.

The scenario is like we have EDI orders coming into SAP in the form Idocs. These EDI orders are processed by Function module

IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS. This FM module internally calls VA01 (Call Transaction) to create Sales Orders in SAP.

Now we have a scenario in which we want a popup screen to come up & ask for selection of record from list of records displayed on popup screen. In background since we can not show up a screen, we are programatically selecting the record we want & going ahead.

Now what is happening is during foerground the functionality is working abosultely fine, that is incoming idoc is getting posted successfully in SAP with status of 53. Incase of back ground processing of the same we are getting an error

No batch input data for screen SAPMSSY0 0120

I have checked this screen through screen painer(SE51) & i did not find any element on this screen but Element list

shows one field Syst-Xcode.

Kindly guide me how to fix the issue so that the same can work as expected in background.

Regards,

Chetan.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

List screens utilize SAPMSSY0/0120. Please check within your ABAP coding if you have any customer exit that tries to issue WRITE statements. If so, either remove them or add logic to not issue them in background (e.g. SY-BATCH = 'X'). Another culprit might be a SUBMIT statement in a user exit, which triggers a report with list output. I'm not completely sure, but I think the screen is also used for some value helps (do you have any coding forcing a value help popup?).

Hope this helps, harald

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Chetan,

I am facing similar issue with yours when running EDI. Do you have any fixes for it ?

Can you pls help out ?

thanks

Joyce

0 Kudos

Hi guys...

Now I'm facing this problem... let's see the Note 390084 - Batch input and entries in lists.

I might be sure this would help for you.

Best regards.

RR

kavya_2017
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chethan,

Can you please let us know how did you solve the issue..

Did you implement OSS Note.

Thanks,

Kavya