cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight few fields based of condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to highlight few fields which are changed.

Scenario is, i am reading materials from SAP & displaying it in a view in edit mode for change. On send it has an aproval process befor updating SAP database. The approver should be able to see what are the fields changes by highlighting them.

Along with that it should display the old value in tooltip.

Regards,

Nik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved by setting background color of that field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to implement the change log for these attirbutes...and create the context attirbute as STRING and also for

highlighitng you need to use the cell design property.

when you get the change log for these get the old value from that structure and set the value to this context attribute.

Bind this attirbute to the TOOLTIP property of the field and cell deisign respectively.

You might have got some button for APPROVAL right....

In this button handler,

get the change log,

set the attributes.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

what are cell design properties.

If you are talking about input field properties, there is nothing like highlight.

Regards,

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to use IF_WD_VIEW~REQUEST_FOCUS_ON_VIEW_ELEMfor that UI elemnet. In modifyview you willget the VIEW parameter right using that you can do...

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 2, 2009 4:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

This method is to set cursor one 1 field.

In my case, user can change multiple fields which the approver has to varify and approve.

What i think is to set the field's set background color to border where there is a change. & pass the old value in tooltip.

What do u say?

Regards,

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, you can set the background color for those changes...then the each element should be in different container...so that your background color will have an affect.

Regards,

Lekha.