Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing length of screen field (input field)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Currently I have one requirement in which

I need to increase the length one of screen (input) field. In order increase the length of screen field I am thinking of changing data element so that User could input value with required number of digits.But that might affect some tables and structures where the data element has been used.

I just want to know wheather it could be done with Field Exits and how relevent area is updated properly with change in data element.

Path for same is given below,

"Material Matser" screen >> "Costing1" Tab >> Click on "Joint Production" Button (it will bring to Cost Apportonment to Co-products:Apportionment Structures screen ) >> Click on "Equivalnce Numbers" ( it will bring to Cost Apportonment to Co-products:Equivalnce Numbers screen)

Currently length of euivalncve number (last column) is 3 as standard,In my requirnment I will have to increase the length.

Regards,

Amit

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

1. But that might affect some tables and structures where the data element has been used

If you do not want that,

then u can create a new Z data element,

having the same description,

but different length.

regards,

amit m.

0 Kudos

The Statement...

select-options so_email for pa0105-usrid_long no intervals.

The selection screen length depends on the type that you are assigning to it. Since the length of type

pa0105-usrid_long is less, the selection option so_email will be displayed with short length in the selection screen.

So, to increase the size just increase the size of variable usrid_long.

U can refer this for BC ABAP Data Dictionary

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/4f/991f82446d11d189700000e8322d00/applet.htm

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't Directly increase the length of the field, it may effect other programs, and that might be used in some other places. so try to create your own Zfield and use it .

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Did u try visible length and defined lenght attributes along with scrollable check box option for a field in screen painter??

this may solve your problem

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Will it feasible to change the domain of the data element ? And I will keep note of original data element.

If new domain works for me I will continue with that.

and will revert it back to origin.

Thing to clear,

1. this field value is updated in Table MAKZ and COKL once I save Material Master entry.

2. Problem is not with visible length.

Thanks And Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Will it feasible to change the domain of the data element ? And I will keep note of original data element.

If new domain works for me I will continue with that.

and will revert it back to origin if it not works.

Thing to clear,

1. this field value is updated in Table MAKZ and COKL once I save Material Master entry.

2. Problem is not with visible length.

Thanks And Regards,

Amit