cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 401 error while connecting SAP PI 7.1 with SOAPAdapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to call webservice on R/3 system using SAP PI 7.1 but I am getting HTTP 401 error.

Following is the error for more detail:

Message: Server returned error code = 401 for URI : http://sapxx03x:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_xxxxxxxxxxx_50:CC_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_WSDL_....

same url when I use with SAP XI 3.0 it works fine. It is only giving problem with PI 7.1

I know this issue is related to authentication but what problem I am facing is how to pass the credentical with the url to

resolve this authentication issue? Are there any settings I am missing? or Any other way of doing it?

I have already tried following things to resolve this issue:

1. tried giving user id & password in URL but still having same error HTTP 401.

2. tried one of the SAP note (891877) regarding Netweaver Administration to change ROLE settings but problme still persist.

3. Checked SAP Help settings

4. Did changes to web.xml file to comment the security part and restarted the system

But, Problem still exist.

Please let me know what will be the solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With 7.1 this URL format is recommended:

http://<IPAddress OR ServerName>:<PORT_No>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<SenderBusinessService>:<SenderSOAPCC>&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<SenderBusinessService>&Interface=<SenderInterfaceNamespace>%5E<SenderMI>

1. tried giving user id & password in URL but still having same error HTTP 401.

Is the user-id and password correct (in 3.0 it may be activated/ working...but is it created/ working in 7.1)

Instead of giving the credentials in the URL give in the application/ tool that you are using for testing (sending the message)....it should be of PI7.1

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Fine I will try using new URL but user id & password are working fine with PI 7.1.

I tried running URL directly and it is working fine and giving following message:

Message Servlet is in Status OK

Status information:

Servlet com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.MessageServlet (Version $Id: //tc/xpi.adapters/NWxx_xx_xxx/src/_soap_application_web_module/webm/api/com/sap/aii/adapter/soap/web/MessageServlet.java#1 $) bound to /MessageServlet

Classname ModuleProcessor: null

Lookupname for localModuleProcessorLookupName: localejbs/ModuleProcessorBean

Lookupname for remoteModuleProcessorLookupName: null

ModuleProcessorClass not instantiated

ModuleProcessorLocal is Instance of $Proxy45_10002

ModuleProcessorRemote not instantiated

Any other pointers,

Thanks,

Anand

Answers (0)