cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI successful, but no document in database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the BAPI 'BAPI_ACC_INVOICE_RECEIPT_POST' to post inbound vendor invoice using XI.

The return message in BAPI shows that the document is posted successsfully. "Document posted successfully: BKPFF 1900000296SE012010"

But there is no document seen in BKPF table. In short the document is not updated in database.

Even when testing the BAPI as a standalone, the result is same. The 'Return' message shows it as successful, but in effect there no updation in database.

All the input fields to BAPI are correct and we are entering all the mandatory fields (otherwise BAPI itself would have thrown the error, which could have been observed from the 'return' messages)

Why the data is not getting committed in databbase?

Kindly help in correcting the issue.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you using RFC adapter to call the bapi? If yes then there was a option in the RFC receive communication channel under the RFC client parameter select "Advanced Mode" and then select "Commit Handling for Single Bapi calls".

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting data using BAPIs need to be committed using: BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

You can do this by calling the BAPI to post the invoice and the one for committing the changes in a wrapper server

proxy, you need to call the corresponding inbound service interface instead of the BAPI in the interface determination in PI.

Regards,

Pravesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Sorry, I didnt understand how we should create the service interface and wrapper server proxy.

I am new to both the concepts. Kindly elaborate, so that I can understand it fully.

This is a priority change which needs to be completed within few days.

Also to be doubly sure that the BAPI for committing work would solve our problem, is there a way to test it stand alone?

I was aware of this BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, hence while testing yesterday I ran this BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after I ran BAPI_ACC_INVOICE_RECEIPT_POST in the stand alone mode.

But it didnt work, dont know the exact reason. May be the wrapper run would produce a different result.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Call the function module, BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after you execute the transaction

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with COMMIT WORK statement just after your BAPI call.

Regards,

Sarvesh