cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have to reinitalize the master data becoz i am adding few fields which are already in datasource.

and this masterdata object (0Material) is in production and already having deltas going on.

what all the things need to be taken care if i have to reinitalize

like i have to delete the init request already present first

and do i need any quite time for this as well as we have it for transactional data in locockpit.

can sombody explain me the steps like things need to be taken care

thanks and regards

harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Just delete the intialization option for the source system and run the init job again.

With Kind Regards

Kristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ya thats right i have to delete the init and do it again but do i have to stop the transactions on r/3 as we do for transaction data init (Logistics Cockpit)

and do i have to delete the transaction data depending on it as well.

please clarify what all things do i need to take care when reinitializing the 0material

becoz its also getting data from text datasource so do i hve to do it fo test as well.

thanks and regards

harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi H.B,

Once you are done with change do the full upload and then activate the Mastedata. Your changes will be refleced once you activate the data also through attibute change run. Then you can take up the Intialization further for delta loads.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards,

DMK

*Assign points if it serves your purpose...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the info

as i am including two more fields, then also u guys think that no need of reinit right. i can just do the full upload

one more doubt when doing the full upload do i have to delte the old data r else it will be overwritten.

please confirm as i am having this in production a bit worried about it andalso what if this master data is being used by other infocubes and ods transactional data.

thanks and regards

harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

No need to delete the Old master data as master data will be overwritten .

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i am trying to do it in dev and get back to you guys with the status

thanks and regards

harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

I think you can do a full upload of master data for

0MATERIAL without deleting the already existing init

request. Exisisting data will be overwritten and your new attributes will be filled with data.

Regards,

Prakash B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakash

so if i do a full update without reinit then will i be able to do the deltas again as usual

thanks

harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

Full update will not disturb the existing delta's and also you won't have to delete the material master data in BW which is already existing and used in many places .

First try doing a full update for small number of materials with selection and if it goes OK then do a full upload for entire material master data .

Regards,

Prakash B