cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly configure server in order to increase abap/buffersize to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello . I have an Solution manager system running on 32 bit kernel on windows 2003 server (32 bit) with 5GB of ram(Control panel->system...)

I have parameter:

PHYS_MEMSIZE 1024

abap/buffersize 450000

em/initial_size_MB is(default) 1024

in Sql Managment studio I have (minimum and maximum server memory under properties of server) set to 1024

Java has 1024

I would like to increase abap/buffersize (have some swaps there) but the system does not start(in J2EE Process table server0 does not start after startin framework fails

I tried also to decrease PHYS_MEMSIZE ,em/initial_size_MB and Heap memory size(XmX) in configtool but in any case the server does not start.

What do you propose to properly configure server

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello jan Bo,

first of all you should make sure that the /3GB option is set in the boot.ini.

The problem is that you only have a 3GB viruall address room on a Windows 32bit system. So if you want to increase a memory area in this address room you must decrease an other one.

In the most cases the default settings for the roll and page shared memories are set up very generously. Please check the maximum used values in ST02 and decrease the size of the both shared memories. After that you can add the memory you got free here to the programm buffer.

For example if you want to set the roll and page shared memoies to 64M you should set the profile parameters:

rdisp/ROLL_SHM = 8192

rdisp/PG_SHM = 8192

The unit is 8KB (8192 * 8KB = 65536K = 64M).

Regards, Klaus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

check out Standard SAP notes for memory optimization

and some OS specific memory settings.

use tool like sappfpar check pf=<profile name>

to check the shared memory settings

cheers,