Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error for ECC6.0 IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'v got the error logs as follow at the configure the CAF step:

INFO 2009-11-02 00:25:12

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_18\bin\java.exe -classpath C:/usr/sap/NW4/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/tclmctcutilbasic_ear/servlet_jsp/ctc/root/WEB-INF/classes/ com.sap.ctc.util.ConfigMainExt XXXXXX IDES:50000 J2EE_ADMIN XXXXXX" finished with return code 0. Output:

TYPE=A<BR>STATE=<BR>INFO_SHORT=IO EXCEPTION: Unexpected end of file from server::<BR>CONFIGURATION=

ERROR 2009-11-02 00:25:12

CJS-30059 Java EE Engine configuration error.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Error when configuring J2EE Engine. See output of logfile java.log: 'IO EXCEPTION: Unexpected end of file from server::'.

FCO-00011 The step configCAF with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_Usage_Types_Configuration_AS|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CONFIG_CAF|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|configCAF was executed with status ERROR .

I though it was the temporary documents error. How could I fix this problem? Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (21)

Answers (21)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still got the same error in the new installation. Cann't believe it is the hard copy's problem cause we used this copy to install the system successfully before.

what's the root cause of this error on earth?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know. The original DVD disc do not have any error. I mean the unpacked files.

So, the only way will be to format the disk, reinstall the whole OS and software? Sounds bad~

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I know. The original DVD disc do not have any error. I mean the unpacked files.

How do you know? I have seen dozends of error when I copied DVDs to disk in the past... this is not uncommon, especially on "cheap" hardware.

> So, the only way will be to format the disk, reinstall the whole OS and software? Sounds bad~

that would be the clean solution. You can still open an OSS call and ask for assistance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone make a copy of all of the files in the following directory to my installation:

C:\usr\sap\NW4\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\tclmctcutilbasic_ear\servlet_jsp\ctc\root\WEB-INF\classes\com\sap\ctc\util\

according to the error message, there probably be some errors in the documents in *.class. My address is <<removed>>

. Thanks you all!

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This file is dependent on the support pack level you are using.

anyways, this is against forum rules to send files.

The real solution is to re-download the IDES pack and get the file from the download.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

How could I roll back to the previous step and go through this step again if there's something wrong with the file?

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any other application running on same server ??

I thing so there could some other application running on same server which is using port 50000.

If yes,

you have to change the instance no of IDES system

You have to uninstall the IDES & reinstall the IDES with instance no except 00 & 01

Thanks,

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Nov 2, 2009 2:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: Installation Error for ECC6.0 IDES

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 1:36 AM in response to: sunfree in response to: sunfree

Click to edit this message... Edit Click to report abuse... E-mail this message Click to reply to this thread Reply

Thanks for your help. I'v been spend several days installing this IDES system but still get error message. The log in the java.exe.log is very simple:

TYPE=A

STATE=

INFO_SHORT=IO EXCEPTION: Unexpected end of file from server::

CONFIGURATION=

Thanks!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You seem to install on 32bit. Unicode (which is required to connect the Java part) plus Java on top on 32bit is VERY tedious to administer and getting it runnable because of the 32bit limitation.

For me this looks like more that if your dump/some file is corrupted.

Markus

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls paste the containt of java.log in forum.

CJS-30059 Java EE Engine configuration error.
DIAGNOSIS: Error when configuring J2EE Engine. See output of logfile java.log: 'IO EXCEPTION: Unexpected end of file from server::'.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's the same result.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://127.0.0.1:50000/
can not find the server. The IE could not open any web pages.

Put you actual in place of lookback ip , Replace ip 127.0.0.1 with you physical ip of ides system.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://127.0.0.1:50000/

can not find the server. The IE could not open any web pages.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blank screen means port is liseing.

pls try to access the below URL

http://<IDES SERVER IP ADDRESS>:50000

let us know the status.

Thaks

anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blank screen means port is liseing.

pls try to access the below URL

http://<IDES SERVER IP ADDRESS>:50000

let us know the status.

Thaks

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only got a black window and can not see anything or type in anything after the execution of the telnet command.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to you Os of IDES system and telnet on port 50000 to check whether port is activiate or not.

telnet < ides server host > 50000

let us know what ouput you get for above command.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems the jlaunch is not in the list of the service or process....

BTW, is the address 'http://localhost(coputer's name is IDES):50000' right for the J2ee main page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Warren,

I use the http://localhost:50000 to access the j2ee main page , but can not open any pages. I check the port with netstat in cmd and find the port 5000 is listening. I have reboot the server for several times and each time got the same error. Is there any hint?

Hi, Anil,

I install the J2sdk 1.4.2_18.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that page is not displayed? is that Jlaunch services are running? Have u maintained hosts details in hosts file?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try with J2sdk 1.4.2_17, not 18.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which is java version you are using ??

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you are able to login to the J2EE main page (http-connect) with the user J2EE_ADMIN ?

If this fails, please restart the J2EE engine from transaction SMICM and retry the log in.

Best regards,

Warren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I'v been spend several days installing this IDES system but still get error message. The log in the java.exe.log is very simple:

TYPE=A<BR>STATE=<BR>INFO_SHORT=IO EXCEPTION: Unexpected end of file from server::<BR>CONFIGURATION=

Thanks!

BTW, sapinst.log are in the below:

INFO 2009-11-02 00:56:19

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERP\SYSTEM\DB6\CENTRAL\AS\java.exe.log.

INFO 2009-11-02 00:56:19

Output of C:\j2sdk1.4.2_18\bin\java.exe -classpath C:/usr/sap/NW4/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/tclmctcutilbasic_ear/servlet_jsp/ctc/root/WEB-INF/classes/ com.sap.ctc.util.ConfigMainExt XXXXXX IDES:50000 J2EE_ADMIN XXXXXX is written to the logfile java.exe.log.

INFO 2009-11-02 01:02:21

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_18\bin\java.exe -classpath C:/usr/sap/NW4/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/tclmctcutilbasic_ear/servlet_jsp/ctc/root/WEB-INF/classes/ com.sap.ctc.util.ConfigMainExt XXXXXX IDES:50000 J2EE_ADMIN XXXXXX" finished with return code 0. Output:

ERROR 2009-11-02 01:02:21

CJS-30059 Java EE Engine configuration error.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Error when configuring J2EE Engine. See output of logfile java.log: 'IO EXCEPTION: Unexpected end of file from server::'.

ERROR 2009-11-02 01:02:21

FCO-00011 The step configCAF with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_Usage_Types_Configuration_AS|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CONFIG_CAF|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|configCAF was executed with status ERROR .

INFO 2009-11-02 01:14:50

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_Usage_Types_Configuration_AS|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CONFIG_CAF|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|configCAF".

Edited by: sunfree on Nov 2, 2009 1:39 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste java.log ?

Thanks

Sunny