cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding exception in the WebService(Business One)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed Business One in my system.My requirement is to display the sales order details.I am using java connector and SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio for this purpose.

process:

--I've also included external jar files sboapi.jar and sbowrapper.jar

--I've written a query to get salesorder details from ORDR table.

--I am handling the IRecordSet object.

--I have written a method which returns an object array of SalesOrder class which i have created for this purpose only.

By writing normal java program it is working fine and records are displaying form that SalesOrder object which i've created.

I've created a webservice with the same code and deployed in the WAS of SAP.While testing it is showing an exception

"Exception in method getSalesOrderDetails()".

Any one please guide me in this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I don't know details about WAS, but regarding Java connector (JCo) for DI API please note the following:

JCo is just a thin wrapper around the DI API COM library to facilitate using DI API in a Java enviroment.

Therefore the DLL file which encapsulates the business logic (i.e. OBServerDLL.DLL) will be copied into a local temporary directory on the file system as well - ready to be loaded from the webservice then.

I could imagine that you would need to apply some settings in WAS to enable creating a directory, copying files into it + loading files from there, but this is beyond what I know.

...I assume getSalesOrderDertails() does handle the Logon as well?

For usage in a WebService, DI Server (DI API exposed as a SOAP capable Windows service = WebService to be built on top of it) may be the better alternative... - though it also works like DI API, but inside the DI Server process - not in your WebService...

...despite some limitations (no DB structure can be changed through it etc.) ...

HTH,

Frank

Answers (0)