cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid cell borders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set the layout of a Transparent Container to GridLayout. I would like to get the border around a cell of the grid, and I don't know how to do that.

If necessary, the layout can be changed to MatrixLayout.

Thanks in advance,

Livio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

well, you can go by transparent containers or by images.

transparent comtainer. you are in GridLayout. if you want a border around a cell, you just have to add a transparent container to this cell. lets say, you already have a transparent container, containing a textview. then you put another transparent container (lets call it borderContainer) next to the textview. now drop the textview into the borderContainer. set the padding properties of the borderContainer to "small" and the cellBackgroundDesign to the bordercolour you want to have. then set the cellBackgroundDesign of the textview to another colour. now you have small paddings from the borderContainer aroud your textview.

the other option is to use images. place images around your cell. use an image of the colour you want to have. 1*1px image is enough. then you can set the width ans height properies of the image accordingly to influence the appearence of the border.

that is both not a real nice border, but a workaround that could do.

best regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thank you for your suggestion. I tested it and it works. The look is not so nice, but I think it is the best that I can get. As a matter of facts this seems to me a useful functionality that is missing.

Instead of a TransparentContainer, I tried also with a Group, as suggested by Satish. The results are the same.

Thanks and regards,

Livio

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use cellBackgroundDesign = fill2 or cellBackgroundDesign = header and set the width accordingly.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me where to find this property?

Thanks,

Venkat

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the property of any UI element under Grid Layout.(Its a workaround not explicit solution)

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting the cellBackgroundDesign to "header" or "fill2" changes the background color of the cell, but I do not see any border. What you mean by "set the width accordingly"? Are you referring to the width of the UI element placed in the cell or to the width in the LayoutData?

Livio.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes its based on UI sizing ,else you can use Group to get some feel what you looking for .I already mentioned that its a workaround not exact solution what you looking for.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite non-sense.. Did it work? - Just wondering if changing a property called cellBackgrounDesign would actually change the BORDER property!!!!

I don't think this is possible. It may be possible using themes, but I'm not even sure about it (I never worked with Themes).

Regards,

Daniel

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Daniel

If you know the solution why then here man.I already mentioned some key words regarding the solution.

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think getting the border around the grid is possible. However you can use the HorizontalGutter UI element to draw lines. Might help you.

Thanks,

Venkat

former_member305573
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am agree with venkat raman. As per my knowledge in EP 7.0 . For border purpose you can use only horizontal gutter property only. But vertically you will not able create any border.

Prashant Krishen