Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am planning to delete my CUA system. Can you please let me know the impact of this in the central system as well as child system. My concern is about the assignments, whether it will remove assignments from the user ids in the system if I delete the complete CUA. As per my knowldge it willl not delete the user ids and roles,but not sure about the assignments.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

Deleting the CUA will not delete the assignments in the child systems.

In the central system it will remove the assignments in the central UMR for the child system roles.

Cheers

Alex

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

Deleting the CUA will not delete the assignments in the child systems.

In the central system it will remove the assignments in the central UMR for the child system roles.

Cheers

Alex

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search in the SAP Notes database in SMP. Several Notes have been provided there for CUA with sufficient descriptive explanation.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

an addition to Alex' comment: Users with no assignement to the central system itself will also remain in the central system after deletion of the CUA. They get a lock flag.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand form above comments is

Deletion of CUA will not affect to any user id in child system even to their assignments of roles or profiles.They will work indepedently and the user id those are in child system will be locked in Central system automatically after deletion of CUA.. if there is no assignment.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Now My question is

What will happen to change documents of the user id where all the changes are record against the CUA user id ? Whether it will be deleted or will remain there and new change documents will append to it.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

0 Kudos

new change docs will append

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have deleted the CUA. It seems to be everything is working fine.

Thanks,

Satyabrat