cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space between two words gettnig replaced by hash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have customised the PO layout in SRM 5.0. the problem we are facing is that when we are trying to print line item description, the space between the words are getting replaced by hash (#),

I have debugged and checked that before the printing takes place, the description looks fine in the work area. I guess something happens during printing it. Another strange thing is that it only happens in our testing system, in the development system it works fine.

All and any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Kishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

SAP uses the #-sign as a place holder for control characters. So to make sure that the issue is not caused by odd text data containing for example newline characters I'd first try to edit the text in SAP (e.g. re-enter the complete text) and check if the print is still incorrect. If not, then your users probably used copy and paste to create an item description with some control characters (I've had such mischief in the past when users copied for example descriptions from Word documents and included newlines).

Hope this helps, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

Which is the language (English/Turkey/...) in which you are trying to print ?

Thanks,

Nisha Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

The languages which we are using are English and Dutch.The problem is happening for both the languages.

It only happens for the line item description and not for anything else.

Regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check whether the Fonts are available in the both systems, and also check whether the printer in testing system is capable of printing that language

surya