cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know what version I've got of SAP NetWeaver PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I know what version I've got of SAP NetWeaver PI ?

I've seen SAP Notes that refer to the "support package". For example, they refer to:

- SAP NetWeaver 7.10 SP08

- SAP NetWeaver 7.11 SP01 (what is 7.11? is it 7.1 EHP1?)

- SAP NetWeaver 7.20

The SAP Notes also refer to the "patch level" of individual software components.

In other places I see "support package stack (SPS)" referred to. For example, I'll see:

- SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 SPS08

So perhaps SPS is what SAP Notes refer to as "support package"?

If I go to the front-end client and look at System | Status... I can find (five) individual software components which have a "release" (e.g. 710, or 2006_1_710), a "level" (e.g. 0003, or 0004), and a "highest support" (e.g. SAPKITLQJ3). Is this "level" the same as the "patch level"?

From this dialog, I can go to Other Kernel Information (Shift-F5) and find that the "Kernel Release" is 710 and the "Sup. Pkg lvl." is 80. So is this Support Package 80, or SPS80?

If I go to sapmmc and look at the Version Info, it says "710, patch 80". So 80 is the "patch level"? I thought it was the Support Package (Level or Stack...?). Very confusing!

Adding to my confusion is that I cannot find the Support Package (Stack), or Patch Level, referred to anywhere on the SAP web pages from where I downloaded the installation software. Nor can I find this information anywhere amongst the DVD files on the Installation Master DVD (not even in the VERSION.ASC file).

It seems to be important to know this. An SAP Note I'm working with states that it's only relevant if I have a support package lower than SAP NetWeaver 7.10 SP08.

So how would I know?

Thanks for any help/pointers...

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mark,

SPS stands for Support package stacks.

Please visit https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/sp-stacks -->SAP NetWeaver Main Products SP Stacks-> SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

it will open pop up window. Please find the all the support package level here and compare in your system.

The system will show support package level.

And your kernel patch level is 80 ...its not SPS80...and PI system version is 7.1.

I hope it clears your confusion.

Best Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to the previous reply, yes, 7.11 does mean 7.1 with Ehp1.

You can also view the levels of PI itself inside your PI Developer Tools. Either from your PI system start web page in the Admin section, or from within the ESR or Integration Directory tools.

Best way to get these questions answered is to simply ask your Basis staff who will understand all of this 100% and can explain it to you according to your specific system details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Many thanks for considering my question and for your advice. My apologies for not responding sooner, but I'm doing this installation as a side item when time allows.

Since my post, I have run the JSPM (Java Support Package Manager). This is the one thing I've found that gives me a clear picture of what is actually installed, listing all the components in detail with their individual SP levels. (Please anyone tell me if there's another source for this information.)

I had found the SP stack page you referenced, but I had not read it all fully.

I guess the bad news is that I still cannot find the correlation between the information on that page and the information from the installed system. To give some examples:

Let's say that I source from the 'initial shipment' and that I target 'SP Stack 05'. Four main components are presented. For the first of these, SAP JVM 5.1, the delta of the SP level is 'From SP016 to SP017'. From what I can determine in JSPM, I currently have SP015 installed. Does this mean I have something prior to the 'initial shipment' installed? How did that happen!?

If I look at the SAP Kernel components, the delta is 'From SP082 to SP086'. But I have SP080 installed.

However, I think the good news is that it might not matter. The help doc on the SP stack manager page says to leave the 'source' blank if you don't know, and the JSPM doc tells me that the support packages contain complete versions to get you to that 'target' SP level (so I infer that it doesn't matter what installed 'source' level you start from).

So here goes...

Thanks again,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for this information. Actually, I don't have the installation configured as PI just yet - it's still a 'vanilla' NetWeaver at this stage. However, as I mentioned above, I did find the JSPM (Java Support Package Manager) which I suspect presents some of the same information as the development tools that you mentioned. The JSPM appears to give me all the detailed information I need about what's currently installed on the system. (Please do let me know if there's any important software installed that it does not show.)

I'm doing this installation on my own as a side item when time allows, in order to learn. So I don't have a Basis staff to call upon for help ... or perhaps this forum is my Basis staff

Many thanks for your help.

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that JSPM only gives Kernel and Java s/w component information. SPAM gives the ABAP information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reading through the main documentation PDF guide:

Support Package Stack Guide

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 u2014 SPS 08

Appendix A.1 - Determining the Current Component Versions, gives a great description of how to find out exactly what versions I have of all the software components.