Did you mean: 

problem with languages from XI 3.0 Unicode -> ECC 5.0 Non unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is:

MDM 7.1 -> XI 3.0 Unicode -> ECC 5.0 Non Unicode

The issue is:

The IDOC adapter from XI sends IDOC with message type MATMAS, which has more than one language, i.e. EN, BG, RU, HU to ECC 5.0. The problem is that the ECC 5.0 is Non Unicode, with multiple language code pages and therefore only one language is showing correctly in the ECC system.

Searching in the SAP Notes, I have found solutions, but not for this scenario when you have XI IDOC adapter sending to ECC 5.0 (unicode to non unicode).

Please give me an idea how to achieve successful idoc transfer from XI to ECC, so that all languages are readable.

Best Regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you configure RFC destination for IDOC communication in XI to communicate with ECC , did you try making it non-unicode??

SM59--> MDMP & Unicode tab -> (Communication type with Target system)

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have tested with removing the login language "EN" in SM59 and I have checked the option to use MDMP (non unicode).

However this does not solve the issue with the language. When the IDOC is received in R/3 (non unicode) it is still showing only English language correctly and all others are non readable. If I login with RU or BG language, still the language is showing as ###, I assume that this option in the RFC is only if I make transfer without XI IDOC Adapter.

Any other ideas, what to configure?

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm if your Idoc scenario will be either of the following:

1. EN + RU

2. EN + BG

i.e., at no point in time the Idoc can have both RU and BG languages within it. If so, then you can create diff RFC destinations using SM59 based on each language type, and based on some data on the payload determine the language and use the appropriate RFC destination.

Thanks,

Sidhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhartha,

Unfortunately I have more than one language in the material:

i.e. EN, BG, RU, GR, CZ,SK

in most cases it is with approximately 4 languages each material.

Could you please provide steps or sap note, providing the steps to define RFC destination for multiple languages in the material? (when sender is XI (UNICODE) IDOC adapter and receiver is ERP ECC 5.0 (Non Unicode))

Is it only working your proposed solution for only 2 languages? What are the steps for if the material has only 2 languages?

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhartha/ Marnimi

My scenario is File to R/3 and in the file it is containing multiple langaugaes data.

Whn the data is being posted on the R/3 side, for certain languages its showing as ########.

same as yours

cpuld you please let me know how did you solve the issue.

thanx in advance

Answers (0)