cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Document(any type) be pushed into the KM repository from WDA Appl. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!!

I have a requirement wherein the user will upload documents at different levels (say every row of a table control UI) and these need to either pushed to KM repository and the target should be available as a link that will store. The application will further generate a Off line PDF form with the link to the file which should be accessible.

Any way to achieve this in the WDA Application.???

Please Help.

Regds,

Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user can upload the files to KM repository .this can be done bu using File Upload UI element.

Refer the following links.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

you can refer to the example WDR_TEST_EVENTS for uploading a file.

Now in the KM repository it should be available as link rght?

Once you click on that link you the uploaded document needs to be opened .

Is that your requirement.

Regards.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx for the response!!

I understand that File Upload UI has to be used. But, I'm not able to find the uploaded file in the KM Repository. Can u please help as to where can I locate it. If KM repository is the place where the document gets uploaed, CAN I SET the path of one of the directory of KM repository during file upload.???

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regds,

Srinivasan.

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I dont know exactly how to upload to KM repository. But there are other options.

We can normally store documents as attachments to Business Objects or into SAP Office.

Actually both of them finally store the data into KM repository.

You can later use BDS classes/ SAP Office function modules to retrieve data respectively.

Please let me know if you want to pursue either of these options.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,,

I solved the problem by Uploading files to LRAW based transparent tables. Anyways, thanx for the suggestion.

Regds,

Srini

saravanakumar_mac
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Srini,

Can share the method to achieve ur requirment.

My requirement also  Images need to upload & download to KM content using WDA application.