cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS Workbench issues with Platin GUI on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I fire up the POS Workbench through TCode /n/posdw/mon0 the selection screen appears but as soon as i enter my selection values i get a runtime error (MESSAGE_TYPE_X).

I dont get this dump when i'm using SAPGUI for Windows on a Windows machine.

How can I resolve this problem?

Please let me if I can paste any part of the dump here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the mentioned transaction is set to "SAP GUI for Windows only" according to transaction classification (se93), so this might not work for SAP GUI for Java for good reasons.

Nevertheless I can look into the particular issue when you provide a trace file with default keys on in SAP GUI for Java recreating the dump and add it to a [support message|http://service.sap.com/message].

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surprisingly there are no issues with the Java GUI on Windows. The issue is only on Linux.. Is there a different between the Windows and Linux Java GUIs?

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

there might be ABAP coding depending on the client platform or making assumptions on the platform. Please provide the trace I have asked for last time, created using SAP GUI for Java on Linux.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this resolved? I'd like to know what you did if it was since I'm having the exact same problem using the worbench while using the Java GUI in MAC OS