Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the sold to party

former_member696123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Can i change " Sold to party code" after the creation of the sales order.

Regard

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After the sales order say order no 10000 saved for sold to party as X you cannot change the sold to party in VA02 transaction as Y for order no 10000

That means if the order is created and saved then you cannot change the Sold to party for that order

But while processing it self before saving in VA01 transaction itself it is possible to change the SP

after the creation of the sales order.

Not possible

You cannot touch SP in VA02 transaction irrespective of subsequent document is there or not and the

img settings said under partner determination for sales document types say TA for standard order there also i dont think you can change the standard settings as the SP is mandatory and not modifiable

You cannot remove the tick in non modifiable for SP for TA the standard sales doc type partner determination and make it

modifiable

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 1, 2009 12:33 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member696123
Participant
0 Kudos

Not req. more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can but it is possible only through following steps,

Go to table TPAER, by using t-code se16n.

put tour partner determination procedure for sales document say TA execute then you will face screen where you will able to see your partner procedure , partner function, partner mandetory, not changable coumns as like

TA SP X X

Now remove last X (from column NO CHANGE POSSIBLE) as like below.

TA SP X

and save now you will be able to change your sold to party.

Note : after making changes in table block t-code VOPA (partner determination), if anybody run this t-code then system automatically reset this "X" AGAIN.

Regards,

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

could someone please clarify this, can you or can you not change sold-to-party after sales order is saved but no subsequent document is created. most of you are saying it can be changed but some of you have vehemently said that sold-to-party cannot change, regardless of whether a subsequent document is created or not.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry friends

Sold to party is allowed to be changed in VA02 transaction for( an already saved order ) if there is no subsequent document

This is tested by me now

This is inspite of maintaining the partner determination IMG settings in TA for sold to party as nonmodifiable

and the testings of Mr.Sagar is also the same

But will there be an real time requirement for such things is doubtful

The first post of mine which was confidently written is wrong

Hope this clarifies the thing Sorry if i have misleaded any one

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I did not get a chance to test it yet. But as many friends have already tested it, I go by this and I feel,it is a good learning for me.

I am really sorry for the wrong message posted by me.

But, I still feel it is not logical.

Regards

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the Sold to Party in change Sales Order. Until unless subsequent document created wrt: this SO number.

(Once SO created, requirement transferred to "Requirement list" along with the Customer, Once you change the Sold to Party in VA02 , these changes will get reflect in MD04).

So you can change Sold to in Change Sales Order,

As I said, Until any subsequent created wrt: this SO.

Test & revert

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes dear sure but u have to see whether u have created any further document or not . if is there any further document then it will not allow u to do so.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

former_member696123
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

there is no subsequent document is created.

bot when i go in sales order in change mode "sold to party" is gray field. Means i am not able to change the sold to party.

Best regard

Shashi singh

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shashi,

Let me know whether in line item Material is in changable mode or not.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

I can only think of exit which might be restricting you to change the SP.

can you please check MV45AFZZ - FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION ?

Regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The control is in your IMG settings for partner determination where the box "Not modifiable" would have been selected. In this case, even there is no subsequent document, system will not allow to change the sold to party in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check document flow at header level for the sales order, whether it is open or being processed. You will be able to change Sold to party only if the order status is Open in the document flow.

Also, are you trying to change Sold to party from Partner function tab in the header of Sales Order?

You can change the same in the very initial screen of sales order itself

Hope it helps you

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi

Once the Sales order has been saved, you can NOT change the Sold-to-Party, in any business scenario in SAP, even if no subsequent document has been ceated.

If required, you can change other Partner functions like SH,BP,PY etc (depending whether you have allowed in customising), but Sold-to-party can not be changed once the order is saved.

You have to delete or reject the Sales order(as suitable) and create new Sales order with the correct SP.

Similarly, once the Delivery documentis saved, you can NOT change the Ship-to-Party in Delivery.

Similarly, Payer can not be changed in Billing document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

There is a copy control in the header of VTAA, Order same customer. By customising this field one can have a different SP in the order than what was there in quotation.

But once order is saved you may not change SP

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The control is in your IMG settings for partner determination where the box "Not modifiable" would have been selected. In this case, even there is no subsequent document, system will not allow to change the sold to party in sale order.

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I tried to change the sold to party of an open sales order, system very well allowed to change the same but it also changed all the relevant information related to sold to party i.e. taxes, pricing, shipping condition, shipping point

I also checked the partner determination proc. assigned to Sales doc type and account groups in which sold party partner function is marked as "Not Modifiable"

So, based on this excercise, we can say that system does allow to change the SP only if subsequent docs are not created.

Kindly guide on the same if I am wrong

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Via VA02, You can change the sold to party in sales order, provided no further document has been created.

Please check as well:

I request you to please check in the forum before posting any issue.

Regards.