cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy project code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to keep the legacy project number in the project master data (1) and also have this field searchable (2).

Can anybody, please, share experience about the best way to do it?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Did you find any better solution other than customizing?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of Userfield, but it is available for WBSE not for project definition. you can create a Z-table, maintain the Legacy project code in that table. there is a BADI to help with the F4 menu, WBS_USER_FIELDS_F4 to provide data for user fields. You can link that Z-table to this user field. Check with your ABAPer whether it is possible or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

You know that WBS and project definition are not exactly the same. The legacy project id is a project attribute, not the WBS one. I know about user fields available for WBS, but is there any more logical solution?

Besides, the second question was how to make it searchable.

Thank you.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, that is why I mentioned, It is available only for WBSE...I already told (you second question) that there is a BADI WBS_USER_FIELDS_F4 to make that WBSE userfield as searchable(f4). you can create a Z-table maintain the legacy project code in that table and use this BADI to link that Z-table with the userfield. so that whenever user press F4(search), he can see the legacy project code maintained in that Z-table and select the suitable code. But it is for only WBSE.