cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help validation info needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls tell how to do the validation for the f4 values in the input fields.

as currently for eg in SAP transportation zone is dependent on country,but currently its now working like this in webdynpro.

so pls tell how to make it working,i have many fields like this,which i want to correct.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vipin,

Could explain more what you need.

You have an input field with F4 help attached. Now after picking values from F4 help, you want to Validate input field . Is that so ? If so, then you can check for the input field entered by user and then validate it on some button's Action

1. To get the value of input field - Read the context attribute binded to input field using code wizard.

2. In onAction of some event , Validate the field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

let say,if i choose the country in country input filed,like AU,than when i am going to select value from input help for transportation zone,than i get only the help value for AU country only,but currently i am getting all the fields irrespective of country,which i want to restrict.

i hope u r are clear with it.

i have to do this for few more fields,like for sales org,the value for dist channel & division shd come.

redgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Basically you want to have search help in Second field based on first field value entered .

Refer this thread for similar requirement : (Answer by Thomas)

I hope you want this in Dictionary Search help as in other other search helps you can achieve this easily.