cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 SR3 Installation on WIN 32 SYSTEM - sapinst.exe error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

I am trying to installed ECC6.0 SR3 on win 32 system but after created Export DVD as mentioned in Note 1244548. I am getting error when tried to double click on master DVD sapinst.exe file. How to run sapinst.exe so didn't give error and what steps needs to be follow to installed "system copy"?

Error: "sapinst.exe is valid, but is for a machine type, other that current machine"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have faced same error some days before & it's because my server Hardware is 64 bit & I am installing 32 bit.

All the guides & notes says it is possible to install 32 bit SAP on 64 bit Hardware but in my case ... failed.

BR,

Darshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darsan / Sunny,

I am using 32 bit system and want to installed ECC6.0 SR3 which can be installed in 32 bit to do system copy. I don't know how to run sapinst.exe in system copy procedure. I tried to follow note given. In note it's given that I have to run sapinst.exe from DVD but it's giving me error. I can understand that error is telling me to use 32 bit sapinst.exe file in place of 64 bit exe, but its not given in DVD because normal installation is only support 64 bit system. Please let me know if you have system copy guide to installed it in 32 bit system.

Edited by: Raj Rao on Oct 31, 2009 7:38 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am using 32 bit system and want to installed ECC6.0 SR3 which can be installed in 32 bit to do system copy. I don't know how to run sapinst.exe in system copy procedure. I tried to follow note given. In note it's given that I have to run sapinst.exe from DVD but it's giving me error. I can understand that error is telling me to use 32 bit sapinst.exe file in place of 64 bit exe, but its not given in DVD because normal installation is only support 64 bit system. Please let me know if you have system copy guide to installed it in 32 bit system.

You can't.

As of SR3 installation DVD set you can only install dialog instances on 32bit. Database instances are no more supported.

To install a 32bit instance on a 64bit OS you need to execute sapinst from a SysWOW64 cmd.exe, not by doubleclicking.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have already installed oracle 10g - 32 bit on 32 bit system that means I am not talking about database instance. I am trying to installed ECC6.0 SR3 from master installation DVD. I have 32 bit system not 64 bit. Please let me know, how I can installed ECC6.0 SR3 using sapinst.exe which is given only for 64 bit?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have already installed oracle 10g - 32 bit on 32 bit system that means I am not talking about database instance. I am trying to installed ECC6.0 SR3 from master installation DVD. I have 32 bit system not 64 bit. Please let me know, how I can installed ECC6.0 SR3 using sapinst.exe which is given only for 64 bit?

No. You need a 32bit installation media.

Makrus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I am trying to installed ECC6.0 SR3 on win 32 system but after created Export DVD as mentioned in Note 1244548. I am getting >error when tried to double click on master DVD sapinst.exe file. How to run sapinst.exe so didn't give error and what steps >needs to be follow to installed "system copy"?

>

Check system copy guides.

> Error: "sapinst.exe is valid, but is for a machine type, other that current machine"

Are you sure that you are using right DVD ? because error clearly explains that sapinst.exe is for other machine type.

Thanks

Sunny