cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pls give the way to debug for PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In IR, I've tested the mapping.It can work, pass.

In ID, I finished all steps, but it failed in "Test Configuration". How do find the error? who give me the full way to debug?

I'm a senior programmer, I can set breakpoints, step over in IDE software if exception.

pls give the way to debug for PI

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to set any breakpoints in SAP PI,its not a programming language,its one tool developed by SAP,if you want to test the scenario and monitor the PI Dev the best way /standards way is use MESSAGE MONITORING AND RUNTIME WORKBENCH.

You succesfull done IR dev and ID conf,when you are executing scenario ,if you get any error the erro description will show in message monitoring,why the error occured and what level.beter to know the pipeplie steps and monitor the Pipeline steps in Moni itslef.

Based on error message in Moni,you should look in to the development where its falining,whilde developing the scenario if you want to test or debug the mapping is use to display queue at mapping level,and you have option check the mapping is there any thing missed.

SAP PI it genarates log files for every succesful/failure execution,in other way its like break points,it show the clear exection process.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikenl,

We cannot set break points in SAP PI.

• In ID, I finished all steps, but it failed in "Test Configuration". How do find the error? who give me the full way to debug?*

Can you tell me how exactly are you testing your scenario? Is it through RWB --> Test Tab?? or is it an end to end test involving Sender and Receiver.

If you ever face any error in SAP PI during Test you can do the following:

1. Check SXI_MONITOR to see if your message has failed there, you can read the error in the trace level of the message.

2. For monitoring your message you can use Runtime Workbench where you can goto Message Monitoring and check at which level the message has failed (Adapter as well Integration Engine level). There is tab called "Detail" which when clicked after selecting your message will give you the details of the processing of your message.

3. Sometimes it may happen that everything is succesful at Integration Engine level but message has failed at adapter engine level. In this case check your Receiver communication channel which will be in error and will give you the details of the error.

Cheers

Dhwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikenl,

Check this......this may be useful for you:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/EditingmessagePayloadin+XI

Thanks

Dhwani

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try giving payload and check the test configuration in ID along with all othe necessary parameters correctly.

If you are still getting the error message, expand the error message link which you are getting anf post it.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this help section for Test Configuration: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/6b/874a4273bb3830e10000000a155106/content.htm

I hope that there are no runtime values configured for this interface (like dynamic configuration). If there is any dynamic configuration logic applied then note that you need to tests the interface End-to-End.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

B'cos PI is not a programming language, you cannot debug it as you do in Java/ABAP.. by setting breakpoints...

As mapping is based on XML, nodes & Contexts, you can select the target node, right click on it & display queues.. If there is any problem with it, you will be able to identify it..

Also the data in Q's is also displayed, you can find whether its the correct data or you needed to use nodefunctions to get the data in the right context....

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can't set breakpoint for IR/ID configuration in PI,

either way you enhance the error message and try to resolve the error, or put that message here someone will guide you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ID, I finished all steps, but it failed in "Test Configuration". How do find the error? who give me the full way to debug?

The step where the test is failing, if you expand that step you will find the error message.

You can also run the interface end-to-end to check where the interface is failing.

I'm a senior programmer, I can set breakpoints, step over in IDE software if exception.

I don't think you can set the break-point in PI.

-- Abhi