cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SMD Agent on ECC 6.0 managed systems (SPS11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been tasked with installing SMD agents on several satellite systems. I believe I've read nearly every install guide and every SAP Note out there on the matter, but I'm still having trouble finding out what required files I need to download to install the agent.

My guess is that I need to use "SMDAGENT15_0-20003546.SAR", because I looked for the SMD agent for Netweaver 7.0+my platform and this was the only one.

However, this SAR file extracts to a folder "SAP_Netweaver_2004s_SR3". I'm wondering if this SR3 SMD agent is compatible with ECC 6.0?

Also, the SAR didn't come with any Sapinst file. Some of the SAP Notes mentioned I needed the Netweaver Master install DVD and use Sapinstall from there in order to install the agent. We don't have that readily available and wondering if the entire huge DVD is REALLY required just to install a SMD agent.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

You can install the SMD using the Netweaver SR3 installation master. There under SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3 -> Standalone engines->Solution Manager diagnostics Agent

You can install it from there. Also, from SR3 sap has made the SMD installation Mandatory during installing the systems.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath