Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPScript

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If I have copied a standard form and modified it by

a] removing two windows.

b] Inserting some addirional fixed text

And the form definition checks ok, and the texts check ok against the original print program, why will this form not work but the original SAP one will.

Do I need to change the print program or do a particular dance in short leather trousers or something?

Also, I have taken the Z form to a unit test client where it still does not work, but the standard one will, I HAVE NEVER MOVED THE STANDARD FORM INTO THIS CLIENT, and it even says its not avaiable in that client if you try to display the SAP original form there!! How does that work?

One very puzzled

Ross Goodman

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

U have to make the settings in NACE.

Attach your custom form with print program with output type.

Also, for unit test client, you have to move ur form explicitly through transaction SCC1.

Regards,

Tarun

0 Kudos

Thanks, I have never used NACE! The form is the DDS_COVER_PAGE being used in emails as part of document distribution, which I believe is in application CV Document Management but that is all that is obvious to me. How can I determine what else I need to enter in NACE itself?

Ross

0 Kudos

Ross,

This is what you will have to do.

Go to NACE transaction and select the module in which your form falls, example PO falls under EF (Purchasing)

Now, select the output type you are dealing with and click on processing routines. Now, you can see the print program and SAP Script name here.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi

There is a better and simple way, go to SE11 and enter table name as <b>TNAPR</b>, give the script name in the input parameters and find out the driver program and application it is used for.

Then you can go to NACE and get ur setting.

Hope it helps

Anirban

0 Kudos

Hi,

All the settings have been made in NACE and still the form is not used ast runtime. If you substitute the standard for back in now it will work as before. So all I can think is that because the write_form calls are still in the print program for the deleteed windows this is bombing the print program.

Anyone delted whle windows before and had success without modifying the print program?

Cheers,

Ross

0 Kudos

Hi,

It took me a while to find out where the SAPScript used for the e-mail in the DMS is defined, so in case anyone else has the same issue:

SPRO

Cross-Application Components

Document Management

Document Distribution

Distribution Type

Define distribution type - double click on the type you use....

cheers,

Tania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ross,

I don't think you will have to dance in short leather trousers but you definitely will have to the required settings.

You will have to change the settings so that it will start pointing to the new SAP Script, which can be done in NACE.

However, I am not sure if your changes warrant changes in the print program as well, depends on what you have changed.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

SOMETIME IT DOES HAPPEN THAT AFTER CHANING THE STANDARD PROGRAM ALSO IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY IN DIFFERENT CLIENT.

I HOPE SAME THING HAPPEND TO YOU TOO.SO FIRST CHECK WHEATHER THE TEXT THAT YOU ADDED IN IT IS WORKING PROPERLY OR NOT IN THE DEBUGGING MODE.

OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE DRIVER PROGRAM ALSO,BECAUSE FROM DRIVER PROGRAM ONLY YOU R PASSING THE VALUE TO YOUR SAP SCRIPT FORM.

SO CHANGE IT TO Z* AND TEST IT IN TH DEBUG MORE.I HOPE DEFINITELY YOU WILL GET SOME GOOD RESULT.

THANKS

MRUTYUN