Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we have a customizing table where we have 5 key fields.

eg. f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

there are 5 allowed combinations of the key fields to read entries of the table in my report. for eg.

(f1,f2,f3)

(f1,f2,{f3 filled with space}),

(f1,f4),

(f1,f5),

(f1,f2,f3,f4,f5)

when the user makes entries in the table using SM30, can i restrict him to enter only one of the allowed combinations.

please give ur ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ravi has mentioned, you can do all validations in a table using the events in Table maintenance.

Please refer the below link for a tech article on implementing this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8129f164-0a01-0010-2a8e-876...

Also refer this blog:

/people/sudheer.cheedella/blog/2006/02/20/extracting-data-in-table-maintenance

Hope these links help you.

Regards,

Anjali

10 REPLIES 10

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in sm30, select second the radio button "enter conditions", u can select the fields u want to maintain

0 Kudos

Can you please tell where is that option in SM30 to select radio button enter conditions.

0 Kudos

thanks for the response.

but i feel this restriction is regarding entering allowed values. not valid combinations.

my requirement is if someother combination is entered may be an error message is to be issued so he can know this is not a valid combination.

can u please tell me if this is possible.

0 Kudos

What you can do is to activate the events of the Table maintenance and write the code there. However, I don't think its going to be simple.

It might be easy to quickly write a custom program to do all this.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

NO I DONT THINK YOUR CONDITION WILL BE SATISFY IN SM30,

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is your own Y or Z table then you can get into the program generated by the Table Maintenance generator and then put your checks in the PAI event.

regards,

Khusro Habib

0 Kudos

is a program generated by table maiintenance ?

please explain?

0 Kudos

Sunitha,

Yes when generate the table maintenance, there is a function group that gets created. You activate the events where you can write the code to validate the values / populate the default values etc.

In fact you will have to mention the name of the function group.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ravi has mentioned, you can do all validations in a table using the events in Table maintenance.

Please refer the below link for a tech article on implementing this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8129f164-0a01-0010-2a8e-876...

Also refer this blog:

/people/sudheer.cheedella/blog/2006/02/20/extracting-data-in-table-maintenance

Hope these links help you.

Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos

hi anjali,

thank u very much for the docu u have sent