Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales inquiry scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

I had a Scenario here:

I am selling services + materials to customer. customer asked me for a quotation by giving project specifications. Now first I have to get quotation from my subconractors for services + from my vendors for materials. Then only I can give quotation to my customer by adding my profit margin.I cannot prepare quotation without getting above information from my pruchsing department (MM).

Question:

1) How will the purhasing dept knows atomatically through system that I had the requirement of kowing the prices for so and so services and material?????

2) How will they intimate me the prices through system without purchasing materials?

NOTE: I am not doing any sale upto this level. This is only information I am getting from my MM and giving information to my customer. (If my quotation is ok with my customer, then only I will prepare a sale order where MM has to order for servies & materials for the recieved quotation).

Gurus comment on this.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can have one option ...

You make in Inquiry with 3rd party order process ,,,so system will geneate the PR number .

w.r.to thsi PR number you can create the RFQ(ME41) for Venders..(Ask MM consultant),so vendor will send his quotation.

wrto his quote you add some Profit margin and Send your quotation to CUstomer.

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your answer. As You said the intimation to the purchasing dept will be done through automatic PR. Its ok. But after they get quotation, who would I know the prices (quotation of vendor) through system from purchasing dept. automatically.

Kumar

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wrt:PR , RFQ will be created either automatically or manually on respective vendors which is available in information internally.

based on RFQ's- purchasing team receives quotations from the vendors. Its internal analysis of the finance team to derive a particuar selling price for any particular material. out of, all the received quotations, you may not know, which quotation is approved/finalized.

Sales Quotation is entirely different than to Vendor quotation. You dont have direct assignment to RFQ / Conditions sent by Vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear consultant,

you dont have a direct link of inquiry to MM to know the prices, If i am not wrong the scenario is make to order, Only a physical understanding and communication between you and the MM consultant will help in this case, or else you can check the material prices for the past few order and an average quotation can be provided to the customer. Then intimating to the MM can be done through the internal SAP mail through tcode SBWp.

Thanks and regards,

Sudhir