Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms : Language Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

<b>System is Unicode enabled</b> , i have created a standard text ( through Tcode - SO10 ) in CHINESE ( logon language - EN only ). When i call it in my Smartforms it is displaying like boxes ( garbage ) and if i call same in sapscript then it is displaying properly in chinese language.

<b>Also i'm retriving some value from database table which are in chinese and while debugging , value's are coming properly in chinese only but in print preview it is displaying junk (Boxes instead of character's ) </b>

Can anyone help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kishor

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have logged on in EN and try to display a chinese text, I don't think it will work well. You might have maintain the text in EN as well by translating using <b> SE63 </b> transaction.

Then it will pick up the EN text and display.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Thanx for reply.

I have maintained the text in Chinese only and system is unicode enabled.

regards

Kishor

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unicode system does not necessarily mean that the translation is done automatically. Unicode means that it can handle languages like chinese, thai etc etc.

You still have maintain the text in all the languages you want to print.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

I maintained the text ( in SO10 ) by logging in CHINESE also , but still it is not working

plz help

helpfull ANS will be rewarded .

regards

Kishor

0 Kudos

while creating Textmodule in Tcode smartforms - when i paste chinese text in the editor then its displaying in chinese only and when i click on Back button , it takes me to Ms word editor , here all these texts are displyed as junk.

Please help me.

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sending the language in the CONTROL_PARAMETER for the Smartform function call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Make sure that you logged in chinese(logon language) .

2.Try to convert your Standard Text for smartform which you created with SO10 into Chinese by using SE63->Translation->R/3 Enterprise->Other Objects-><SSF>-SAP Smartforms.

3.Check for Chinese language in your system

<i>Hope This Info Helps YOU.</i>

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi ,

At the time of creation only i have choosen the language as ZH ( chinese ). Do you think still conversion is required through SE63.

Regards

Kishor

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Check for these.

1.Check your smartform->Global Settings->Form Attributes->Language Attributes->Lanugage<i>(may be it should be To All Languages)</i>

2.while you are inserting text(standard text) had you mentioned the chinese language.

<i>Hope This Info Helps YOU.</i>

Regards,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

i have done all these, but still its not working .

One Observation - while creating Textmodule in Tcode smartforms - when i paste chinese text in the editor then its displaying in chinese only and then when i cleck on Back button , it takes me to Ms word editor , here all these texts are displyed as junk.

regards

kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nandkishor,

I am facing the same problem, how did you solved this.

if any one know solution for this please answer this question.

Thank You in Advance

Edited by: vijayk.27 on Mar 29, 2011 11:55 AM